Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 08:28:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralRon paul
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
Print
Author Topic: Ron paul  (Read 65382 times)
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: February 06, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »

i respect myself and nobody else

I respect everybody but myself.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: February 06, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »

I respect a number (hint: an integer) of Super Joes.

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: February 06, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »

Are Super Joes different than Superb Joes?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 06, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »

you say justin bieber, i say Ron paul. you say what the fuck, are you serious about that gold standard shit hahaha, i say Ron paul. you don't so much say any words as you hack and wheeze after explosive laughter at my childlike innocence in spite of being a 43 year old texan survivalist with a large collection of rifles and hunting knives, i say Ron paul.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: February 06, 2012, 03:41:26 PM »

Freethrows Pompi has missed:

1.  Are you going to cite your claim that most people don't really need jobs with any sort of facts?

2.  You know that macroeconomics and microeconomics are two entirely different things, right?

3.  Why is competing on the global market important? 

4.  Do you think that even if America de-regulated everything and gave corporations 100% power they would be able to keep up with China that has literally a billion more people?

5.  If Ron Paul groped your ass and you didn't work for him, that is clearly his fault.  Why should it be different because you work for him?

6.  Why should a person who requires a job to live be at the mercy of someone not raping them; why does the raper get to make the choice to force someone to be molested or find a different job?

7:  (Monster King's)  why do you say "spending time with his family down the beach" like its a bad thing?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:47:33 PM by Capntastic » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #345 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:54 PM »

Are Super Joes different than Superb Joes?

There was a Man. A Man amongst Nerds. His name was Joe. But this was no Ordinary Joe. Nay. This was Super Joe. With his ripped intellect and raw abdominal muscles, he became a shining example of what is good and true and just on this Forum.

But the Indie Elite, jealous and small minded, would not stand for that. They could not accept someone who stood as an alternative to their ways.

So they put him on trial. The ultimatum: Complete a game within the allotted time, lest ye be banned.

He didn't. And thus was cast out from the Forums. And it was a darker place for it.

But you can't keep a good Joe down. And so he returned, with the force of 1000 Cave Stories, as the man you see above me: Superb Joe.
JutsBeaumont
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »

Smart hurt people deal with their hurt appropriately and don't spread it around.
You're conflating a lot of different things here; cognitive intelligence, emotional maturity, intent, perspective, et cetera. Whether someone is smart or not has nothing to do with whether or not they're a nice person. Besides, Sometimes its necessary to not be a sugar-plum fairy. There are times when you have to be hard-assed to get a point across - and getting a point across, especially a valid one, is definitely a more honorable pursuit than simply letting one be.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 04:21:35 PM by Gizmonicgamer » Logged
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: February 06, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

I disagree. But then again, I'm a bit of a libertarian.

and... I do value maturity over intelligence.

whatevs. i'm out.
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »

I disagree.
but have you gotten your point across?
have you convinced anyone of anything?

i'm certainly not convinced that you're correct in what you were saying.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: February 06, 2012, 05:02:06 PM »

and... I do value maturity over intelligence.

You're still acting as if there's some sort of dichotomy here.  It's precious!   So yeah, whatev's, you're out.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2012, 05:17:06 PM »

Ron paul
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: February 06, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: February 06, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »

Are you the DFTalk Capntastic?

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: February 06, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »

Yeah.  Who cares?
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 06, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »

i respect myself and nobody else

a tear trickles down my eye as i am unable to climb the ladder of respect that is super joe
my fingers unable to find proper grip on his bulging trapezoids
desperate, i fumble
scrambling to grasp anything that could fit my grubby hands
but my efforts to find
grasping at straws as per pompipompi's argumentative strategy
as i look in the mirror of super joe's respect I see myself fat and ugly
what does it take to earn your respect super joe
what is the bulimia to looking at the mirror of your being
how many kgs must i lift
Theophilus
« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »

how many kgs must i lift

i hope you mean pounds, son, because this here's america. where we speek 'merican. land of the brave. home of the free.

god bless 'merica
PleasingFungus
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »

Yeah.  Who cares?

Just curious.

Finished games: Manufactoria! International King of Wine!
And others on my site.
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »

how many kgs must i lift

i hope you mean pounds, son, because this here's america. where we speek 'merican. land of the brave. home of the free.

god bless 'merica

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2012, 02:02:05 AM »

Some people don't know how to argue nice. You all suck as people in my book now.

I'm kind of extremely impressed that pompipompi hasn't spewed any profanities or insults back. Personally I find it very difficult to not get mad when everyone starts slandering me. Cool I kind of miss paul eres too. His calm way of disagreeing with everyone on at least one point would make this a bit more entertaining.

to be clear, i don't intend to disagree with people, i don't particularly care what other people believe. i just try to explain what i believe, explain why i don't believe x if someone says i should believe x, and that's all. the convo seems to have devolved into people "arguing" who is right, and that's something i don't do, since i see that as a depraved form of communication

so there's not much else to say to the thread, though i'm dismayed that the only people "defending" RP can barely speak english (it seems like english is their second language), but i've already explained what i thought of the RP situation: namely, that i think he's a good guy and agree with him on a lot of things, but that he's still fundamentally a statist who has profited off enslaving the US (like any other politician); he's taken almost a million dollars in salary over the years from the taxpayer for instance

also, i like that he goes on tv in front of millions and points out things which are obvious to anyone except the media and politicians: that the US is an evil empire and tortures its political enemies (e.g. bradley manning), that terrorists don't hate us for our freedoms but because we kill their children, that the banks rob people blind through bail outs and zero interest loans, and that the drug war is destructive to minorities and most everyone else, etc. -- those types of things are very taboo to speak about on television, yet he manages to do it, which is admirable in its own way. kucinich and mike gravel were admirable for those same reasons. but they never gained the following RP has, perhaps because they lack RP's charisma?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2012, 02:09:06 AM »

Well, what if the minimum wage was enough, but people would still go into debt\starve because they didn't plan their budget right eventhough they had enough money.
Are you going to have another layer of saftey net for them?

hahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

earning below the poverty level is enough you just have to budget it right!!!!!!!

this reminds me of something: there was once some self-satisfied rich woman who said that the poor are poor because they don't know how to manage money, and said that if she were poor she would do it right and rise back to be rich again. so she became a waitress and attempted to make a living as one, not using her vast wealth, and vowed she would become rich and work her way up. unfortunately she found that her wages as a waitress were too little to even support the basic necessities of life; she couldn't afford transportation, housing, food, medicine, and all of that just on a waitress's wages, even though she fully expected to be able to save money each week, she wound up not being able to even pay for basic necessities. in other words, she felt that the problem with the poor is that they don't know how to manage money, and in attempting to prove this she couldn't even handle money as well as they do

social mobility is extremely hard, sometimes you get lucky but if you are born poor, no matter how smart you are or how hard you work, you're most likely going to stay poor. the upper classes generally don't realize this, and like to think they are there by merit rather than luck

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic