Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 08:38:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWaterfall Bomb: a different difficult dodge-em-up.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Waterfall Bomb: a different difficult dodge-em-up.  (Read 1106 times)
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »

This week, as with many weeks, I started with a mechanic I wanted to explore - in this case, surviving by finding cover. The obvious scenario that lends itself to this mechanic is, of course, rocks and bombs tumbling down a waterfall. And naturally with a premise like that, you simply can't name the game anything other than Waterfall Bomb. (Yes, it's been a long week.)

I suppose this game could be thought of as the opposite of last week's Core Breach, in a way. But this is not last week. This is this week, and that means you get to play Waterfall Bomb.

Dragondot 2 is out now! Go get it!
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:44:53 PM »

another interesting experiment Sir McCoy!  Gentleman

high score was 52 and i didn't much care to go on. i think my problem was mostly with the character control. not that it was wonky or anything but i'm not a fan of mouse avoid games since the control doesn't force me into more restrictive rules. I dunno... But i really liked the mechanic idea with the bombs and rocks being enemies but using each differently in relationship to eachother. But what if you were just a ship via arrow keys like with any top-down shmup and made the game a bit less crowded/difficult. I think it'd be badass! a non-shooting shmup! or something...

anyway, those are my thoughts. Smiley

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:58:37 PM »

Totally agree with aeiowu. If you had a thrust movement system (say, a more refined version of Core Breach's repulsion? Or even slippery arrow keys) this could be a great little timeeater.

Don't think I've given props, but all these game experiments are great, by the by! Interesting ideas and fun little games. Keep it up!
 Coffee
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic