Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 12:52:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club  (Read 27582 times)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 09:05:33 PM »

la mulana would be cool if it really was a bunch of noobs sharing secrets, but the zelda thread is showing that that's probably not going to happen.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »

I've never played more than an hour of La Mulana.

PaleFox
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »

if we did paradox games it'd probably make more sense to do one of the cheaper ones, like Darkest Hour, Rome, or maybe the original Crusader Kings. I do own EU3, though, so if you guys want to do that I'll give it a go.

Honestly, I'm with CAS -- if we do do a paradox game we should do one of the Hearts of Iron games, since a) I like them and b) people tend to forget about them. Alternatively, EU Rome has the smallest curve, I think, and it'd still be fun to see what people do with it.

La Mulana is also a good choice, especially since it's free, though it is balls to the wall hard so people might give up?
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »

I've never played one of the paradox games but I just looked them up and they seem fun, I'd be in.

I don't know how much they are but I think if possible we should try to avoid more expensive games.

La Mulana also looks fun but really I'm in for anything so regardless of what gets picked I'll be in.  If SirNiko wants to pick something that he hasn't played before though that seems reasonable.
PaleFox
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2012, 10:05:57 AM »

Well, like I said, there's some Paradox games which are cheaper, but I think the lowest complete paradox games go (EU Rome Gold, Darkest Hour, Crusader Kings Complete, and Vicky Complete) is ten bucks -- so if we were gonna do it and get people involved, that's as cheap as it could get... assuming no sales or anything.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »

CK Complete is real great.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »

havent played ck or eu rome actually. but tbh im not entirely sure if paradox games would be a good idea for this thread. its more fun when more people participate and paradox might be too niche idk.

a "succession game" would be cool but we should probably make another thread for that
Dragonmaw
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »

Eh, I think it's more interesting if we were to just choose a single country (I usually pick Spain in Paradox games, since Spain has a lot of good divergence) and then each person plays for a week. That way we can see how people tackle divergent tasks.

Also Paradox LPs are fun with even just one experienced player. 5 players all fucking around should be awesome.
PaleFox
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »

But the idea is everyone can participate. I think la mulana is best.

if nothing else it's free
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »

But the idea is everyone can participate. I think la mulana is best.
yup.

plus, la mulana is a fantastic game, one of the best metroidvania / exploration platformer type things ive played.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2012, 04:14:51 PM »

La Mulana should go next. It's perfect for this format, and I suspect a large number of TIGers have never played more than an hour of it anyway. I'll jump in another day and pick something when you least expect it, possibly after I finish Sonic Heroes.

I'm almost tempted to join in and try to unlock Hell Temple. I beat the game, but never found the temple.

Hopefully the La Mulana experts will hold off on spoiling things until they're asked. The Zelda thread started off bumpy, but I think people calmed down after they realized not everyone wanted to read a walkthrough.
Ashkin
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »

I'm up for La-Mulana as long as someone tells me everything I need to download for a comfortable, english experience without graphical glitches.
Also, maybe a guide could be put up for getting into the temple? I hear it's pretty confusing for new players, which is probably why the game isn't very accessible.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2012, 04:31:31 PM »

Getting the full english version is pretty easy. I'll even write that up this weekend, so folks can get it set up in advance.

The Hell Temple is not just confusing, it requires Tower of Druaga levels of trial and error to find. It requires a specific sequence of steps to accomplish at least one of which requires you to do something an exact number of times and too many or too few renders the temple impossible to enter.

Basically, you don't enter Hell Temple unless you know exactly where to look or you give up a few months of your life to experimentation.
Ashkin
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »

Well, I mean the actual temple most of the game takes place in, not the hell temple. Maybe I was mistaken and it's really easy to find?
So I assume this will be the next game? When does LoZ finish? I haven't even finished the second dungeon, and I kind of want to at least complete my overworld map Concerned
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »

I set the date of LoZ finishing/new game starting April 1 when I first made the thread.  Anywhere from 1 week - 1 month seemed appropriate and so for the first game I figured 2 weeks was a good test time and since we started around the 14 I just rounded the 2 weeks up a bit so that we could end it on the 1st.

Judging by people's progress in the thread this seems like it will work ok but it's hard to know.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:49 PM »

Ohh, yes, that is true as well. But if you can't figure that out then you're probably not ready to play La Mulana because that's the easiest puzzle in the game. I think I'd leave it at a guide to running the game in English, and let the newbies who find the entrance spoil the newbies who don't. It's just not the same otherwise.
PaleFox
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2012, 09:27:54 PM »

Alternate possibility: Metroid
mirosurabu
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »

we could play one of paradox's "grand strategy" games. hearts of iron 3 would be cool, ive had that sitting on my hdd forever and havent really given it a try.

but i guess the learning curve is too steep for this thread esp for people unfamiliar with the genre. :/

I'm up for this, but I'm afraid you're speaking the truth. ):
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »

Alternate possibility: Metroid

I've done metroid once before but it was a couple years ago and so it's not like I would know all the secrets or anything so I'd do it again.

I'd probably want to play the gba update though.  I think it's pretty much just a graphical update though so I think all the discussion would be the same regardless of who was playing what version.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2012, 12:34:42 AM »

might wanna do a vote this time, because a few of these sound good. i wouldn't do a game you have to pay for, though, since this is still pretty new. (especially one that's so difficult to get into.) you might lose some people doing that

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic