Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 03:22:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)D-Pixel (Version 0.953)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: D-Pixel (Version 0.953)  (Read 58563 times)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 12:56:10 PM »

Version 0.58 now released (sorry about the writing quality as ever!):

v 0.58 - 11th January 2010
--------------------------

+ Fixed bug where loading BMP / PNG images with pixels of value 255 were treated as transparant when using brush tools
+ Made sliders taller and the slider arrow a little bigger
+ Simplified and improved method of increasing or decreasing slider by 1
+ Reorganised effect options, splitting right mouse button modes (paint, erase or eyedropper) into a separate option panel which can be accessed by right clicking on the effects icon
+ Increased the dither patterns to 7
+ Added Erase paint mode as an effect tool as well as a right mouse button paint mode option and usable with a keyboard shortcut (shift is default). Erase mode removes colour under pixel when mouse button is first pressed, i.e. when over white you can erase white pixels with the brush, WITHOUT erasing other colours.
+ Added Stencil options: Stencil on/off, edit stencil (which lets you turn stencilled colour on/off by clicking in the palette area of the usere interface), invert stencil and erase stencil. Stencils are automatically saved and loaded in DPX files as well as in the normal workspace
+ Added 'Remove unused colours in palette' icon functionality in Palette Options. Left clicking on the icon replaces any unused palette entries with pure black. Right clicking on the icon replaces any unused palette entries with the colour in the current right mouse button pen
+ Visual update for the user interface: Slight subtle shading of background panels, now icons are multi-coloured and feature more shading. Icons lose subtle rounded corners on edges. Panels also lose rounded colours and feature top and bottom highlights. Icon highlights are square, and the main font is a little squarer too. Standard sliders gain shading and a more metalic looking slider arrow. The overall effect is for a user interface look which is not so flat as before, with slightly 'harder' looking elements (due to the removal of softening subtle curves)
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »

There will be support for single colour bitmap fonts in the next version. Which you can change the colour and position of whilst typing as well. Smiley

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2011, 08:39:14 AM »

It would be cool and could be quite useful. Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone and porting it might be quite a bit of work.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »

V0.59: Small update, as not had much time recently..
+ Undo / Redo now works correctly when drawing on multiple images
+ Added text tool with 4 small fonts. Colours and positioning of text can be altered whilst typing

See if anyone uses this! Tongue
Scut Fabulous
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »

Why not port your program for smart phones?

I don't have a smart phone, but to have an app like this that I could use with a stylus on a mobile device would tip me into buying a smart phone or tablet.
As a humble suggestion, if you were to develop an Android version of D-Pixel, the sales might surprise you, and it would be able to operate on a wide range of platforms.

No complaints about you developing this slick little tool for PC, of course.  Downloading the new version now!   Beer!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2011, 12:30:54 AM »

Thanks! Perhaps when it's got all the major features in that this is something I'll look into more.

Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:18 AM »

Opps! Seems like the 'tiny' font doesn't work in the latest version. That will be fixed for the next release..  Wink
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2011, 03:20:07 PM »

New release will be up tomorrow.. Smiley
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2011, 03:15:07 AM »

v 0.60 – 13th March 2011
Polish, bug fixes and usability update

+ Refined visual style for gui panels
+ Added nice fade in/out of new and old panels to add a bit more polish
+ Fixed error where key presses weren’t being cleared before the start of using the text tool (resulting in old key presses being drawn)
+ Fixed error where first small font didn’t work!
+ Fixed bug where colours in a 32 bit PNG file didn’t get converted properly, resulting in a black palette
+ Fixed bug where changing palette colours and then switching to another image meant the palette changes were lost
+ Added image select strip to the left of the palette for quick selection of workspace images. Layers selection and manipulation will go in a new vertical panel to the right of the canvas
+ Fixed bug where brush manipulation tools (flip, rotate, double, halve, etc..) didn’t work if the brush had not been grabbed that session and was saved from a previous session
+ Made all brush manipulation tools go into drawing mood once activated instead of staying in cut/copy modes
+ Added x5 zoom between x4 and x6 when using mouse wheel for a bit more precision when using low zooms
+ Added independent positioning and zooming values for each image (saved to workspace files as well) which makes it much easier to work with multiple images

Theophilus
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »

I haven't read the entire thread, but does this program have the ability to take a non-256 color image and convert it into 256 colors?
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2011, 10:20:01 AM »

Currently if the image is truecolour but contains 256 colours or less then it will load it ok as a 256 colour image.

It doesn't currently do colour reduction for cases where more than 256 colours are used, but it will do in the future.. Smiley
deathtotheweird
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »

I use a lightweight image viewer pictus and it won't display the images made in your program. although it's certainly an issue with pictus, but is that related to the no colour reduction?
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2011, 12:09:43 AM »

It sounds like it doesn't support paletted (i.e. 256 colour images). I can load the images I make in D-Pixel into Paint Shop Pro with no problem.
torahhorse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »

this is a great little program! i love the color replace and outline paint, those are really useful to me.
one thing i would love to see would be a mirror feature that splits the canvas on either axis and mirrors all of your edits ( to make symmetry easy )

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2011, 01:45:19 PM »

Hey thanks!

I can't say that I think a mirror feature is essential right now, but it's something I might look to add when more of the essentials parts (layers, colour remaping, etc..) are added.
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »

lovely program, but for some reason it sometimes runs slow for me. And I hate the fact that ctrl pans the screen since I use ctrl+Z a lot.

I think shift or alt would work better for panning.

edit: I also think it could do without the fading in and out, it's quite annoying to be honest.
If it ran lighter I would surely use it as my standard pixeling tool.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:55:15 PM by green » Logged
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2011, 01:54:52 PM »

Hi Green,

You can change some of the keys by editing the key_shortcuts file in the Gui folder. A lot of things still haven't been fixed because not been really tested in proper usage. Smiley

Any parts especially it runs slow for you on?

I like the fading, but it will be no problem to have that as an option. Smiley

caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2011, 02:11:59 PM »

Don't get me wrong It looks good, but I believe all the fancy fading is really killing it, which is a shame. I also think it takes a little too long to wait on the fading when having a steady workflow.
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »

Hmm.. I wonder if the fade is slower for you with the speed issue you mentioned. The fade should take 1/6th of a second.
Atomsk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »

I'm by no means an artist, but this looks awesome. Can't wait to give it a try  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic