Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:46:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsRequest a Tutorial (from me)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Request a Tutorial (from me)  (Read 4084 times)
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:47:56 AM »

Hi,

I'd love to write a tutorial. I'd like that tutorial to be relevant to the community. So I'll let people request the tutorial they'd like to read.

For context, I'm one-half of the development team for PongVaders, an iOS game for iPad (and soon iPhone) utilizing the cocos2d libraries. Do you have any questions about anything specific in that game? General iOS or cocos2d questions? I also have some experience in OpenFrameworks and Processing and basic physical computing.

Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 03:29:46 PM »

An introduction to openframeworks would be nice, its always interested me but I've never found a good vector into it
Reggie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »

Can you write a tutorial about how to use vectors in Mindfuck to draw a dong?
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »

no u

An introduction to openframeworks would be nice, its always interested me but I've never found a good vector into it
have you worked in a C dialect before? a good vector into OF is Processing if you're unfamiliar with C, because OF intentionally stayed close to Processing's syntax and concept. Processing has tooons of good tutorials since it was partially designed as and intended to be a pedagogical tool.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:11:47 AM by dongle » Logged

namre
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 12:52:12 AM »

Although it's quite basic. Maybe a tutorial on Flixel? Ever since the upgrade to 2.0, all the tutorials that were available are not applicable anymore due to big changes done to the engine.

It's something that I've been scouring the net over but to no avail.
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »

I don't know any Flash, sorry :/

Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »

no u

have you worked in a C dialect before? a good vector into OF is Processing if you're unfamiliar with C, because OF intentionally stayed close to Processing's syntax and concept. Processing has tooons of good tutorials since it was partially designed as and intended to be a pedagogical tool.
I've used processing extensively, and c++ too. What I really want is a guide on setting up and using the openframeworks api...
dongle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 09:39:03 AM »

Can you tell me what questions you have after reading the guides here? http://www.openframeworks.cc/setup

Maybe we can take this to a PM thread so I can figure out what would help.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic