Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 12:41:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsZippy Beluga (Flappy Whale)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zippy Beluga (Flappy Whale)  (Read 271 times)
Typo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:00:03 AM »

Hey! I'm a pixel artist/Clickteam Fusion enthusiast who recently decided to buckle down and release something.
For my first project I wanted to keep things simple and jump on the Flappy Bird bandwagon, I know that's not the most honorable path to take but I think my game is a lot of fun nonetheless! You can check it out at the following link-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.typogames.zippybeluga

The first release had no backgrounds and was just straight "dodge the pipes!" but I recently updated it with coral reefs and a mechanic that lets you pick up points by getting about 3 pixels away from the pipes when you flap. This lets daring players have an extra challenge, and also a small notification will pop up when you almost die so it helps people scope out the hitbox as well without having to restart.

To celebrate the occasion of my first game release, I decided to give 50% of the profits to charities which restore and protect coral reefs! The oceans are acidifying and trash island is a thing so underwater ecosystems need all the help they can get.
Gonna take this opportunity to direct you to www.coralrestoration.org/donate/

Anyways, I'm currently working on persistent scores (I swear I will figure out the INI object soon) and a ton of unlockable skins! If you have any ideas for the game feel free to reply to this thread or tweet at me- 
https://twitter.com/notwilljasper

I am also brainstorming ways to make the game more engaging, though there's only so much you can do with this formula. I will keep you updated and answer any questions you may have!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic