Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 06:53:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCat-a-clysm! - Action Platformer Shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cat-a-clysm! - Action Platformer Shooter  (Read 282 times)
ViktorEisenmann
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:25:28 AM »

Cat-a-clysm! is about a world ruled by cats, that founded the Cat Purrty, a political party that took over the world. Humans are hypnotized with cute cats video propaganda and the one in charge of all this is the dictator Kittler! You, as Dog, must confront the the cats, enter in the Cat Purrty's tower and destroy the computer sending hypnotizing political propaganda.

The art and animations are totally a placeholder (I took the oportunity to study pixel art), and in the end, pixel art won't be the art in the game. I wan't a 90's cartoon look, like Happy Tree Friends, Two Stupid Dogs, CatDog.

Still have a few bugs (some of those bugs showed in video are already fixed), but the focus of this video is on gameplay and "juiceness", anyway, what you guys think? Any tips?

If you guys like, I can show more videos, showing the weapon collection system (shotgun, machine gun, bazooka), ammunition system, wave explosions, zoom-in and zoom-out system, and I still have another level done that I can show in some other video.

Any questions, ask me! Thx!
tpelham42
Level 0

Mercury Fallen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »

If the art and animations in your promotional video is only place holder, than the focus of the video would be mechanics, but I don't see anything specific there either. The video only seems to show the basics of walking/climbing and shooting stuff which appears to be rather repetitive.

This could become a good game, but what you've presented so far seems to illustrate a prototype of a standard platformer/shooter. I would be more curious to see what the actual art work will be and what makes your game differ from the multitude of similar games. I do like the back story, but I don't see any of that reflected in what you've presented.

In the words of the wise Cromulons: "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!" Good luck. Smiley

Current Project: http://www.mercuryfallen.com
Find me on twitter: @tpelham42
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic