Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 09:16:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAeronaut (updated Mar 14th)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Aeronaut (updated Mar 14th)  (Read 4142 times)
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »

well I made a 320 by 240 image added a noise filter to it and drew some very sharp white lines vertically. when I imported it into gamemaker I set it as an alpha for a brown screen. Next i stretched it by like 20 and just have it whizzing by the screen. also I added a vignette to help with that old timey feel.

JR Hill: i havent really thought of a name yet. I am thinking something like "Professor Herbert T. _________" or "Professor Phineas T. _________" I have been trying to think os a last name. I want something fancy that probably translates into something fun.

Noisefever
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 11:56:49 PM »

NoiseFever: I say go for it.

I'm glad that you have no problem with it. thank you! Smiley anyway, it will be a bit different...
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 08:03:54 AM »

so what exactly is it?

Noisefever
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »

for now, it's only an idea in my head. my goal is more like: collect items (like fuel) and make it to the goal (instead of how far can you go). i also focus on map design with tight passages and prickles. and i want the balloon speed under the control of the player.

but, as said: for now that is only an idea...
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »

well haven't updated in a while. been working on this and lots of other things too. making a sub exploration game too. but thats a very different story. for this I am just working on lots and lots of ideas for this. need more obstacles so far I have stationary clouds, clouds that move up and down, trees of 2 different heights, and also I am working on factories that spit out black smoke to dodge. i'm wondering if I should make the game go in to different areas like fields where the obstacles are trees, clouds, maybe farms. and towns where its clouds, but also factories and stuff. and then maybe ocean but that seems like its getting complicated. and this is just going to be a nice quick game.

also I am making this in game-maker but some people have been asking me about maybe iPod. I would like to but i don't think I can take that major financial plunge for that.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic