Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411609 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: NESIA

May 09, 2024, 08:54:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAnnwn II - An Arcadey Fantasy Adventure
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Annwn II - An Arcadey Fantasy Adventure  (Read 2759 times)
HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2023, 03:06:09 AM »

I have been working on this project for a while now, it is a sequel to a game I created for Historically Accurate Game Jam called The Walls of Annwn - the game did pretty well which convinced me to start expanding on the game. I ruled out a straight-up update to the original game and instead decided to create a follow-up game. Initially, the plan was to remake the first game with enhanced visuals. But ultimately the dungeon in the original game isn't very fun and there wouldn't be any point in replaying the first game again just with better tiles and sprites. The plan now is to have a couple of entirely new dungeons and the original dungeon from The Walls of Annwn as a secret level. The game like the first game is being powered by Clickteam Fusion 2.5, not the most versatile tool I know but it's what I am comfortable with. I have started from scratch a couple of times now but this new version is the most optimized.

Here's some shots so far:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 01:48:34 PM by HeavyMetalHerbert » Logged

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 06:53:45 AM »

Oh this looks super cool! Love the style.

BestFriendStudio
Level 0

One man studio with ton of pixels

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 05:28:26 PM »

For some reason, the game visually reminds me a lot of the Gauntlet II for a Game Boy, just colored of course.

What can you share about the gameplay mechanics?

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 06:48:56 AM »

Oh this looks super cool! Love the style.

Thank you :D

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2023, 06:52:33 AM »

For some reason, the game visually reminds me a lot of the Gauntlet II for a Game Boy, just colored of course.

What can you share about the gameplay mechanics?

Thanks, Gauntlet and its predecessor Dendy are definitely part of the inspiration behind some things in the game. The gameplay is pretty similar to the first game, a basic dungeon crawler where you use magic projectiles to attack enemies whilst collecting items. But my aim with this new game is to add more puzzles to the dungeon rather than the basic get key and progress approach I have used in the path. I'm not entirely sure what these puzzles might be like, I just know there will be environmental puzzles.

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 02:41:40 PM »

Happy Annwnween!

Flenn
Level 0

Composer musician

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 10:13:54 AM »

Hi, I like your game Annwn II, from the pixel graphics to the halloween theme, I would like to create the soundtrack for it, and if you already have it create the trailer music, I leave you my previous works:
https://www.instagram.com/flen__campos/?hl=es-la
HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 02:56:18 PM »

Been a while since I have done anything since I have been so busy with different things. But it always feels nice to crack open the Annwn II project folder again.

The Mystical Stone Circle

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 02:57:25 PM »

Hi, I like your game Annwn II, from the pixel graphics to the halloween theme, I would like to create the soundtrack for it, and if you already have it create the trailer music, I leave you my previous works:
https://www.instagram.com/flen__campos/?hl=es-la

Game is still far too early yet to start thinking about the soundtrack and I think I may do the music myself, not sure yet.

HeavyMetalHerbert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 12:23:02 PM »

I don't want to know what lays eggs that large. Happy Easter!

FlyingFreeStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2024, 03:53:34 PM »

Getting big time Ultima and Gauntlet vibes from this and that is not a bad thing at all.

Do you like video games? Well, funnily enough, there's something that sometimes resembles them here!

https://flyingfreestudios.itch.io/
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2024, 12:31:39 PM »

I really like the look of this! It especially gives me the impression of being something where I could get way too into it, if it had a map editor of some kind. The style feels like it would really lend itself to sandbox-like interaction, building custom puzzles or adventures to share with friends.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic