Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411712 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 12:31:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI think I've Stumbled Upon Rohrer's Dream Home (I like it too btw)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: I think I've Stumbled Upon Rohrer's Dream Home (I like it too btw)  (Read 3624 times)
increpare
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »

Haha, cool.  So did the designs end up getting built?  Or did the contractor problem actually succeed in preventing that?  Sad
The building ended up getting built, but minus some unifying features that the architect felt were vitally important to the structure as a whole.  He was very disappointed with it, and said the resulting structure was a betrayal of his intent.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 05:01:09 PM »

Haha, cool.  So did the designs end up getting built?  Or did the contractor problem actually succeed in preventing that?  Sad
The building ended up getting built, but minus some unifying features that the architect felt were vitally important to the structure as a whole.  He was very disappointed with it, and said the resulting structure was a betrayal of his intent.
Oh man, I hope I don't ever have to go through that.  Sad
Movius
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »

"Big Construction" strikes again.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »

I'm kinda jealous, actually. I'd want something a little bigger with solar panels and/or wind harvesters, but over all I really like it.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
increpare
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »

It's unlikely that every project will be a personal success, whoever you are.  (The building he was talking about did win one of the main national architectural awards, and is generally well-regarded (though that probably says more about the state of architecture in Ireland than anything else...)).
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 02:32:36 PM »

It's unlikely that every project will be a personal success, whoever you are.
Oh believe me, I'm well aware of that.  I figure there will probably be a noticeable distinction between the few projects I do for myself/my friends on the side, and the ones I do in the "real world," and I'm kind of OK with that at this point.

And that must suck to have a building you consider to be a failure be well-regarded by everyone else; it's like they're applauding your failure telling you it isn't one when you know inside that it is.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic