Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 10:48:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNIGHT GAME TRAILER OUT OH YEAH!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: NIGHT GAME TRAILER OUT OH YEAH!!!  (Read 10208 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 10:27:37 PM »

Well now that we've heard from Nifflas, it's safe to say either Nintendo or Tyrone are being total douchebags, and probably for a profit too.  Apoplectic

I think Nifflas should have just given his game over to the heartless Polytron Corporation instead; I trust their corporate culture.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »

Yay for not selling my Wii yet!
I will buy this!
Nifflas is a really nice guy!
I hope this sells well regardless of console!

esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 01:23:10 AM »

Why is everyone so excited?
May be you have seen more of it or have played it, and that is exciting, but to me the video just shows a rolling ball, which doesn't look very interesting really...

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 02:21:23 AM »

http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?topic=47.0

"Although I'm the director, game and level designer, it's up to Nicalis to make decisions about what consoles that the games will be released on. Now it's announced that Night Game will be Wii exclusive, so there will not be a PC release of it. I'm really sorry for this, I know this will let most of you down a lot! I hope you can understand it was not my decision, I really wanted it to be released on PC as well."

Sad

fuck you nicalis, you've lose all your indie points with this move  Lips Sealed Hand Thumbs Down Left

you're now mainstream marketing guys on my book (that's the worst insult i know) Outraged
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 02:26:16 AM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 02:26:21 AM »

Why is everyone so excited?
May be you have seen more of it or have played it, and that is exciting, but to me the video just shows a rolling ball, which doesn't look very interesting really...

There's more to the game than what's in the video...

Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 02:34:59 AM »

My thoughts are fairly reserved for now, but from what I can see it looks like a well made engine. All I can say is that in some places it appears floaty and I really think the shilouette graphics are an excuse. I mean, at the end of the day it may be a wiiware game but the graphics, to me, make it look like quite a newb game.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 02:43:51 AM »

My thoughts are fairly reserved for now, but from what I can see it looks like a well made engine. All I can say is that in some places it appears floaty and I really think the shilouette graphics are an excuse. I mean, at the end of the day it may be a wiiware game but the graphics, to me, make it look like quite a newb game.
I think the very few released screenshots are a lot nicer than the trailer, actually.  Those didn't seem very amateur at all, especially the ones with complex machines.
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 03:35:15 AM »

Is what we see in the trailer not in the game anymore?
Capten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 03:38:54 AM »

Oh, come on! Now I'm forced to buy the Wii and this would be the only game (plus maybe World of Goo) worth playing.  Sad
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:42:33 AM by Capten » Logged
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 03:56:11 AM »

That's quite a silly thing to say.
Capten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 04:11:39 AM »

That's quite a silly thing to say.
Well, yes. That wasn't meant to be a serious comment. Tongue
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 08:42:16 PM »

Petition for PC version tiem?*

(Regardless of whether or not the petition is successful, it's bad PR to ignore a petition with [hopefully] wide support from potential consumers.)

(Also, I don't think it's really hasty to have a petition like this, considering the bizarreness of the decision to not release a PC version and the lateness of the announcement of this decision.)

* Petition not officially associated with Nifflas.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »

(Regardless of whether or not the petition is successful, it's bad PR to ignore a petition with [hopefully] wide support from potential consumers.)
Like all the other times x publisher ignores petitions to port y game to z format?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »

Nifflas is nicer than most publishers though.

The-Imp
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

Paul raises a good point.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 10:05:37 PM »

That Nifflas is likely more amenable than the average corp to taking fans' desires into account.

googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 10:09:06 PM »

Like all the other times x publisher ignores petitions to port y game to z format?

But this wouldn't be a port- to quote Nifflas:
Quote from: Nifflas
[20:46:51] <^Nifflas^> Well, it's originally created in MMF2, using a fully external level format
[20:47:02] <^Nifflas^> so some programmers are basically creating a Wii engine that runs it's levels.
[20:47:39] <^Nifflas^> On the upside, I've been ahead of schedule while the Wii engine port stuff have had to catch up.

(Also, neither Nifflas nor the main beta tester own Wiis, so it must be playable on PC already to some degree.)

That Nifflas is likely more amenable than the average corp to taking fans' desires into account.

But it isn't Nifflas's decision- he doesn't own the rights to the game, Nicalis does. (The GoNintendo post with the trailer in it doesn't even use the word "Nifflas" once, only "Nicalis".) Nifflas has already said that he wanted there to be a PC version, and has promised that his next game will be on PC.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 10:11:29 PM »

Why did he give up the rights?

googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »

Why did he give up the rights?

Contract terms.

Incidentally, this IGN article states that Nifflas was working independently with Chris Schlarb starting in late 2007, and Nicalis approached them in late February 2008, interested in a WiiWare version.

...this is all making Nicalis look kinda predatory.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 10:15:27 PM »

But this wouldn't be a port- to quote Nifflas:
Quote from: Nifflas
[20:46:51] <^Nifflas^> Well, it's originally created in MMF2, using a fully external level format
[20:47:02] <^Nifflas^> so some programmers are basically creating a Wii engine that runs it's levels.
[20:47:39] <^Nifflas^> On the upside, I've been ahead of schedule while the Wii engine port stuff have had to catch up.

(Also, neither Nifflas nor the main beta tester own Wiis, so it must be playable on PC already to some degree.)
My point wasn't about it being a port, it was that online petitions are a waste of time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic