Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411604 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 03:22:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNIGHT GAME TRAILER OUT OH YEAH!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: NIGHT GAME TRAILER OUT OH YEAH!!!  (Read 10212 times)
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 10:19:10 PM »

But this wouldn't be a port- to quote Nifflas:
Quote from: Nifflas
[20:46:51] <^Nifflas^> Well, it's originally created in MMF2, using a fully external level format
[20:47:02] <^Nifflas^> so some programmers are basically creating a Wii engine that runs it's levels.
[20:47:39] <^Nifflas^> On the upside, I've been ahead of schedule while the Wii engine port stuff have had to catch up.

(Also, neither Nifflas nor the main beta tester own Wiis, so it must be playable on PC already to some degree.)
My point wasn't about it being a port, it was that online petitions are a waste of time.

Quote from: googoogjoob
It's bad PR to ignore a petition supported by potential customers, especially if all Nicalis has to do to satisfy the demands of the petition is to publicly provide a coherent reason for the lack of a PC version of the game. (Then again, if the reason given is "because we want money", then that'd probably be even worse PR.) Doing nothing in a situation like this allows a company to continue ignoring the demands of potential consumers.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 10:20:46 PM »

You don't have to repeat yourself, I read that the first time around.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 10:26:32 PM »

They do occasionally work: http://www.techenclave.com/gaming/who-says-online-petitions-don-t-88844.html & http://understory.ran.org/2007/07/25/toyota-plugs-in-online-petition-works/

It's very rare though.

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »

And I'm sure the five people who wrote bots are very happy with themselves.
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 10:34:44 PM »

There's hardly anything to be lost by trying.

EDIT: Hey... If the contract Pixel signed is like the one Nifflas signed, then Nicalis might own Cave Story (I mean, not just the Wii version). Sad
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:22:22 PM by googoogjoob » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »

Well, you do lose some time, it takes a few seconds to sign it. Plus you lose the dubious benefit of being able to make fun of people for signing online petitions.

Anyway, back to the trailer, for a reason I can't put my finger on I don't really like it. Perhaps it's just that it feels too depersonalized to play as a bouncing ball going through physics puzzles. The areas look too pat and artificial, rather than the natural atmospheric areas in his other games.

Capten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2009, 06:54:04 AM »

Anyway, back to the trailer, for a reason I can't put my finger on I don't really like it. Perhaps it's just that it feels too depersonalized to play as a bouncing ball going through physics puzzles. The areas look too pat and artificial, rather than the natural atmospheric areas in his other games.
I totally agree with the depersonalization, but to me the level design seems to have a lot of potential (kind of reminds me of The Incredible Machine).
jute
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2009, 08:20:16 AM »

What a shame.  I was really looking forward to playing this on PC.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2009, 09:31:30 AM »

Well, at least there's now another reason to get a Wii. This and Final Fantasy IV: The After (a direct sequel to the SNES FF4 done in the SNES style).

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

I saw the game when Hideous did and was really impressed. Compared to what we were shown the teaser is actually quite bad. If you read the comments here you'll see that Nifflas himself says that he wished they had shown more content. The problem with the teaser is that they are avoiding spoilers and move so fast that you probably miss a lot details that aren't evident unless you stay in the screen for more than a second.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »

Ah, that's reassuring. I shouldn't really have doubted him, considering his record.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2009, 11:38:19 AM »

DO WANT! DOOOOOOOO WWWWWWWWAAAAANNNNNNNNTTTTTTTT!!!

Yeah. I want it.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »

I saw the game when Hideous did and was really impressed. Compared to what we were shown the teaser is actually quite bad. If you read the comments here you'll see that Nifflas himself says that he wished they had shown more content. The problem with the teaser is that they are avoiding spoilers and move so fast that you probably miss a lot details that aren't evident unless you stay in the screen for more than a second.

How to make an announced success less appealing:

Cut out the platform where the title was born: CHECK
Make a trailer that shows the most boring parts of the game: CHECK

What's the next thing on the list?  Huh?

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
ElTipejoLoco
Level 2

You can call me Edua.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »

Well, at least there's now another reason to get a Wii. This and Final Fantasy IV: The After (a direct sequel to the SNES FF4 done in the SNES style).

Final Fantasy IV: The After is being ported to the Virtual Console/WiiWare? I thought it was mobile only.

Currently brainstorming for a project
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2009, 12:58:22 PM »

Yes, it's WiiWare now, in the US too: http://www.wiiware-world.com/games/wiiware/final_fantasy_iv_the_after_years

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2009, 02:14:40 PM »

There's hardly anything to be lost by trying.

EDIT: Hey... If the contract Pixel signed is like the one Nifflas signed, then Nicalis might own Cave Story (I mean, not just the Wii version). Sad

luckly they will never own the gp2x porting i have on my sd card  Corny Laugh

but yes, maybe it will be hard for pixel making a sequel not involving nicalis for example... i hope for Nifflas is not like ubisoft did with crytek, stealing from them the Far Cry name (and then even making a sequel on their own, even if the real sequel was Crysis)

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »

Oh man, I'm so getting the Quote plushie dolls when they come out.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2009, 04:58:07 PM »

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Nicalis...(the truth is out there)
At least Nifflas still retains creative control?
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2009, 05:00:04 PM »

Obviously, look at the graphics.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Nicalis...(the truth is out there)
At least Nifflas still retains creative control?
Nifflas is part of their team.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic