Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 01:21:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBatman: The Brave and The Bold Promotion!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Batman: The Brave and The Bold Promotion!  (Read 1249 times)
alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »

Good day to everyone!

So, I've got some news over from the folks at MochiAds.  Those who aren't familiar, it's basically Google AdSense for Flash games.  In any case, we're launching a new promotion with Warner Bros. for those indie Flash game devs.  It's not a thing to force people to use MochiAds, but just a nice opportunity to work with officially licensed Batman assets.  Okay, down to business.  I'm going to copy and paste from the MochiLand blog post...

---
Greetings to all crime fighting Flash game developers! MochiAds and Warner Bros. have teamed up to bring you a fresh new promotion that has never been done before on Mochi! This is an open casting call for all you top Flash developers out there to submit your awesome game ideas for a chance to create an officially licensed game starring none other than Batman himself!

Out of all the submissions, we will select our favorites. Those selected developers will then go on to create these games with, for the first time, official Batman assets provided by Warner Bros. and a chance to win one of many cash prizes!

DEADLINE
Game idea submissions for this promotion are to be submitted by 3/27/2009 11:59PM PST! Hurry and get those game ideas submitted for the Batman: The Brave and The Bold Casting Call!

PRIZE BREAKDOWN

* Grand Prize - $9,000 + Contract to create another game for $15,000
    * WB Choice Award - Four winners receiving $5,000 each
    * WB Appreciation Award - Five winners receiving $4,000 each

RULES
Phase 1 (3/11/2009 - 3/27/2009)

Submit a game idea that describes your idea for the perfect Batman: The Brave and the Bold game! The submission form asks for items like "game description" and links to "game mockups". The more comprehensive and detailed these pieces are, the better idea we will have on the game you plan on creating and can then judge accordingly.
Phase 2 (4/10/2009 - 7/2/2009)
Finalists from the casting call are announced and invited to start development on their game! Official Batman assets passed out to finalists participating in the game creation!
Phase 3 (7/3/2009)
Winners announced!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Please set your sights on the official Batman: The Brave and the Bold Casting Call page at www.braveandtheboldcastingcall.com for all the promotion information and submission form!
---

Thanks everyone!  Please feel free to move this post to the proper category if I, you know, put it in the wrong place.  Embarrassed

Good luck!  Let me know if you have any questions.
increpare
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 10:26:21 AM »

that sounds like a really fun idea.
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »

sounds cool!

But to me, the grand prize is less appealing than the other two prize points. Essentially, you could score 4-5K for a week-long prototype, but if you got the grand prize you'd be looking at 24K total for what may very well amount to be 7-8 weeks or more of development time. Not really proportional...

Since the game's scope could be huge, if it takes a number of months, 15K could screw the dev over. Also my pessimism reads this as the 15K contract being a binding agreement, although I'm guessing the dev could decline, however that'd look pretty bad if the dev didn't want to make their award winning game idea come to life. Unless of course it's negotiable, then it should be written as "minimum 15K". Why not just leave the contract open to an unspecified amount and let things get worked out after the confetti and streamers have fallen?

That said, this is a great deal for up-and-coming devs who want to get some experience prototyping and possibly getting that initial payment that could lead to a start of their career in game dev.

alexandersshen
Level 2

What's a battle?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 01:50:45 PM »

sounds cool!

But to me, the grand prize is less appealing than the other two prize points. Essentially, you could score 4-5K for a week-long prototype, but if you got the grand prize you'd be looking at 24K total for what may very well amount to be 7-8 weeks or more of development time. Not really proportional...

Since the game's scope could be huge, if it takes a number of months, 15K could screw the dev over. Also my pessimism reads this as the 15K contract being a binding agreement, although I'm guessing the dev could decline, however that'd look pretty bad if the dev didn't want to make their award winning game idea come to life. Unless of course it's negotiable, then it should be written as "minimum 15K". Why not just leave the contract open to an unspecified amount and let things get worked out after the confetti and streamers have fallen?

That said, this is a great deal for up-and-coming devs who want to get some experience prototyping and possibly getting that initial payment that could lead to a start of their career in game dev.

Those are good points.  Thanks for the feedback!

As far as the scope of the project, it is key to know that the time limit of said game creation to fall within the two month timeframe.  So someone submitting an idea that's equivalent in size to, let's say, "GTA4" will most likely not be chosen (without proper portfolio work and proven game development) as that will not be able to be created within that time frame.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic