Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 03:12:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGames"Introduction to Indie Games" YouTube playlist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Introduction to Indie Games" YouTube playlist  (Read 2381 times)
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »

I've made this little playlist as a way of showing my friends what this indie business is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CD5AAD84B6A574EA

Any suggestions?
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »

lol

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:40:18 PM »

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »

There are about 100x more indie games with great trailers than are on that list, so giving suggestions would amount to: add the 100s of indie games with great trailers that you missed. You also tended to pick the more well-known indie games, whereas the point of such a list would be to point out games that people haven't heard of. I can't imagine that even the most mainstream gamer hasn't heard of World of Goo or Cave Story.

Fuzz
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 02:52:33 PM »

I can't imagine that even the most mainstream gamer hasn't heard of World of Goo or Cave Story.
Nobody I know knew about Cave Story till I showed it to them... and I don't know anybody in real life who knows about World of Goo apart from myself. In fact, the only indie game any of my friends knew about until I showed them some was Platypus.

I found your 100 games in 10 minutes list a good resource for finding Game Maker and Clickteam games, so a few of those videos might work well on the list and would expose people to some games without trailers.
Devlin
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »

There are about 100x more indie games with great trailers than are on that list, so giving suggestions would amount to: add the 100s of indie games with great trailers that you missed. You also tended to pick the more well-known indie games, whereas the point of such a list would be to point out games that people haven't heard of. I can't imagine that even the most mainstream gamer hasn't heard of World of Goo or Cave Story.
Well I think he just wanted to show his friends a few videos so they could get interested enough in indie games to look for others themselves. I doubt they'd sit down and watch 100s of them. Even I wouldn't do that.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »

Well, when I make playlists I usually intend to be exhaustive -- if someone doesn't like a particular video they can skip it etc.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic