Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411597 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 11:51:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNew Tumbledrop: Tumbledrop 6Teen
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Tumbledrop: Tumbledrop 6Teen  (Read 3762 times)
PaleFox
« on: March 18, 2009, 06:54:12 PM »

You may remember Tumbledrop, the simple casual physics puzzler. If not, www.tumbledrop.com is where to find it. That's not news, but this is: Dock who made Tumbledrop has created a new version for a major company -- Cartoon Network.

Tumbledrop 6Teen is based on Tumbledrop, but is designed to market the television show. I can't run Unity player right now, so I don't know all the differences, but from what I understand it's mostly the addition of the cartoon marketing and so on. He does say that a new Tumbledrop will be up in a few weeks or months, so this is likely a side project rather than the end result of the game development process.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/6teen/tumbledrop/

Discuss!
Mike Lee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 07:02:36 PM »

Ha, I discovered this earlier on Cartoon Network. I'm totally of the opinion that this is great news for Dock. It allows more people to discover Tumbledrop on a fairly popular portal and it seems like that this signals that Cartoon Network going forward has no problem with supporting Unity (always a plus).

So overall, good job Dock. Good to see Tumbledrop is going places.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:05:20 PM »

Ha! Besides a few additional graphics, and some awful music (neither of which fit the existing assets), it's exactly the same!

But it's a good way to reach a bigger audience, without selling out on the core concept, so it's probably a good thing.

Event Cascade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:15:51 PM »

I think it's hilariously tasteless.

I firmly believe only assholes complain about people "selling out", or whatever terminology you kids use these days. I'm not one of those guys, really I'm not. If Dock wants to make some money on the side, good for him. I just think that pasting crap TV show characters and music into an existing game at the last minute is pretty lame way to go about it.

Companies like Nintendo did this sort of thing for games like Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack and Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2, but then Super Mario is a cool dude in his own right and Dock is not run by inept executives.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »

Ha! Besides a few additional graphics, and some awful music (neither of which fit the existing assets), it's exactly the same!

But it's a good way to reach a bigger audience, without selling out on the core concept, so it's probably a good thing.

:D

Event Cascade, don't you mean it's a genius way of going about making money?
Cool Little Game + Super-Easy Extraneous Crap = Profit.

Whatevs. Well done Dock! Nice to see Tumbledrop get some publicity.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:23:08 PM »

The way the characters on the title screen are randomly clutching star-blocks is priceless.

Still, I don't blame Dock at all for 'selling out', it's not like we can't still play the original version.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 11:28:27 PM »

I like this version above the original one. I don't know the show this is advertising or referencing, and I think these characters give it a new level of charm and polish. It just feels more complete now.
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 03:17:31 AM »

I'm sixteen, life is sweet when you're growing up so fast, da da da da ♫

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 03:27:46 AM »

I like the way the line 'you gotta make the good times last' foreshadows their inevitable slide into old age and death.

SaintXi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 05:21:50 AM »

I'm usually a big fan of this type of game, but the mousecursor/timer annoyed me. I prefer the timer to appear in corner of screen leaving my cursor ready to line up the next click.

Otherwise well polished and cutesy fun! Now I've installed Unity will be on the look out for more games Wink

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:36:52 AM »

You might want to start by looking for the non-annoying version of Tumbledrop.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic