Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411601 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 11:38:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNo Aquaria for me...
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: No Aquaria for me...  (Read 1991 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:38:54 AM »

So, today I tried to instlal the Aquaria demo again and much to my dismay it won't load at all. Every time it goes to fullscreen it gets stuck on the loading bar and then an error message saying "Aquaria has stopped working" pops up.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing, installing with Administrator rights, launching the game with admin rights and changing the resolution but to no avail.

The weird thing though is that I have played the game just fine on this computer before.

I am running Vista Ultimate x64 edition. If anyone could help me I'd be much obliged  Gentleman

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 08:27:37 AM »

I am running Vista Ultimate x64 edition. If anyone could help me I'd be much obliged  Gentleman

Uh oh. I have Vista x64 also, and I get all kinds of problems trying to run certain programs (particularly music programs). I'd like to buy Aquaria one of these days, but not if it isn't Vista x64 compatible. Sad

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »

Well, the thing is the demo used to work just fine but then I had to reinstall my OS and everything again and now it won't even load. I am planning on buying it but I wanted to try out the demo again before I did. I guess I'll just have to wait and figure it out.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 03:40:50 PM »

Do you use an ATI card?

If so, revert your drivers to version 8.12

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »

I've been hearing tons of problems with games and Vista 64-bit, which is a pity because isn't it supposed to be fully backwards compatible with 32-bit software? Anyway, Aquaria works fine for me on Vista 32-bit.

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:29:42 AM »

Vista x64 handles drivers differently than 32-bit Vista. In my experience, most games that run on XP run fine on Vista x64, but a few programs (mostly sound and music-editing programs) just plain don't work.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 11:31:20 AM »

I've been hearing tons of problems with games and Vista 64-bit, which is a pity because isn't it supposed to be fully backwards compatible with 32-bit software? Anyway, Aquaria works fine for me on Vista 32-bit.

I haven't had a problem with any of my old 32bit programs at all really. The only thing that won't work is Dev C++ and I just replaced it with C++ Express.

I do have an ATI card though so the drivers could be the issue but it is strange because I could have sworn I had the same drivers whenever the demo was working before. I'll try reverting to 8.12 and see what happens.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »

When I bought Aquaria I couldn't play it because the game crashed during the initial loading. It was because soemthing with the newer drivers broke what Alec did with OpenGL. REverting to 8.12 did the trick.

Also, reverting ATI drivers could be a pain in the ass. I'd advise you to do something like a restoration point or something similar before so.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic