Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 12:04:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFallen Angel: Hell Survival Development Progress
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fallen Angel: Hell Survival Development Progress  (Read 1198 times)
Strongfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2021, 06:53:49 PM »

Hi All,

I have been developing an Open World, Mining, Crafting and Building Survival Game called Fallen Angel: Hell Survival. I have been using Unity and I have been working on it mostly by myself with the exceptions of a bit of paid freelancer work when I was able to afford it. Would appreciate it if anyone would like to help out, though!   It's for PC only and it is Single player.

So about Fallen Angel: Hell Survival.

FAHS is a First Person Survival Game set in Hell. You play as a She-Devil with amnesia sent to hell from the heavens for reasons unknown. There you must survive and hopefully, one day, find a way to escape. In the meantime you must Scavenge, Mine, Hunt, Fight, Craft, Build to survive, especially to protect yourself from the horrors that come at night.  When you are feeling ready, you can explore hell, discover ruins and fortresses, explore them, fight the monsters within, loot their stashes and even mine down their bases for resources.

My idea for this game is to make something similar to Minecraft and 7 Days to Die, but get away from the overused setting of Zombie Apocalypses in the Wilderness.  I want a Survival Game that moves into a very different setting and merges with a Fantasy based setting like that of the Elder Scrolls games and I believe I've achieved that pretty well so far.  It is still in early access and has a long way to go.

Here is the Early Access Trailer: https://youtu.be/2PKUFLOOmlE?si=6IOyMtK2404vSmAw

Here is a Video on how to get started playing it: https://youtu.be/MCrvb47Ds5c?si=5JcWXbtyM7a52h2y

Here is a Playlist of many hours of Gameplay: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyUqKb2I1w1UzUf3jqYSozNYhFnTl02Cl&si=9Knd2hD3JX9Ovcnl

Here is the Steam Store Page:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/2490850/Fallen_Angel_Hell_Survival/

Thanks for your time.

Strongfinger.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:15:13 PM by Strongfinger » Logged

Strongfinger
Strongfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 03:28:48 PM »

Wow, what a great community for building an audience and getting feedback... NOT!

Oh well, never mind.  Fallen Angel: Hell Survival is now on steam...

Strongfinger
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 12:29:34 AM »

Wow, what a great community for building an audience and getting feedback... NOT!

In my experience, others become interested in what you are creating and give you feedback, if you show interest in what they work on. I think that is the spirit of a community.

Oh well, never mind.  Fallen Angel: Hell Survival is now on steam...

Congratulations on the launch!

Strongfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 07:13:13 PM »

In my experience, others become interested in what you are creating and give you feedback, if you show interest in what they work on. I think that is the spirit of a community.

As a one man developer making a very ambitious project, I don't have much time to show an interest in other peoples projects in order to win over some sort of social approval and acceptance just to get mine looked at.  Maybe if someone showed an interest in mine I would have found the time to check out theirs but that didn't happen, did it?

What I need is player feedback and opinions.  If this forum only has developers and no players showing up to see what's being made, then it's kind of useless to me. I'm in the wrong place, obviously.

The problem is if you try to talk about your game in a forum with players you get accused of advertising and get banned. And just coming to a forum where its only developers is like being in an echo chamber. That's not the way to build the right audience.  

Congratulations on the launch!

Thanks!  But I'm still having trouble drawing attention to FAHS. The sales really have not taken off yet.  

Battlejuice Alchemist looks interesting.  How did you build your audience to get all of those sales and reviews? 

Thanks. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 07:31:00 PM by Strongfinger » Logged

Strongfinger
Strongfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 04:02:41 PM »

Ok so in order to find your game on this forum I had to use Google.  TIG forums showed me nothing when I used its built in search engine.

I can also see that you joined the forum on November 20, 2020.  You posted about Battlejuice Alchemist on November 23, 2020.  And only a day later you were welcomed to the forum and people took an interest in your game. That's nice.   Did you spend 3 days posting on other peoples projects before you posted about Battlejuice Alchemist?

Strongfinger
AdamM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 12:18:06 PM »

There are quite a lot of developers that post about their game one or two times and then disappear. Maybe the initial post didn’t grab people’s attention and enough to warrant responses, or perhaps people just weren’t that interested in the game at first glance. But people here are interested in game development more generally, so if you had continued to post updates I’m sure you would have gotten some attention. Certainly views, if not comments or encouragement. Other solo devs are busy too and aren’t going to comment on every game that has a devlog, especially if it has one post.

Good on you for getting into EA. The game doesn’t look like my cup of tea but clearly you have game development skills and an ability to stick with a project and complete it.

Strongfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2024, 08:20:51 PM »

Good on you for getting into EA. The game doesn’t look like my cup of tea but clearly you have game development skills and an ability to stick with a project and complete it.

Thanks!

And maybe that's my problem.  I think I have very unique and niche tastes when it comes to games that certainly don't fit in with most other peoples tastes.  I can't stand most of the modern games that seem to be successful these days.   Especially AAA games.

Strongfinger
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic