Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411659 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 01:31:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSpelunky XBLA
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: Spelunky XBLA  (Read 56030 times)
Kepa
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

Got it, it's amazing.

Yup.

Also, my only complaint thus far is: the climbing gloves feel way more sticky than before, I guess because there is actually more surface to get stuck on? Anyway, tripped me up a few times, but no serious problem.

A lot of my non-Temple, non-Hell deaths now come from accidentally getting stuck on stuff. It's kind of lame. Is there a way to not latch onto stuff?

Oh also, amazing job on Hell. Outstanding art. Awesome final final boss that really fits the story.

The game's way harder than the PC version. Mostly due to a lot of the new content being really instakill happy. Once you're past the Mines, it seems there's only a few monsters that can't stun/throw you in a way that's likely to chain you to death, or just instantly kill you outright. There are some smaller changes, too, that makes things more brutal. The difficulty jump was a pretty big surprise, but I think I'm getting more used to it now.

One thing that I do have to say is that I really hate finding the Black Market. It's my least favorite part of the game, and one I have to repeat over and over. It seems like it can spawn anywhere from 2-1 to 2-3, and the Jungle is even more dangerous than in the PC version. What really makes it tedious is that there seems to be a higher chance in this version of sections being blocked off. If I missed some tiny section in 2-1 that was behind multiple walls, I won't know for sure until I've completely searched 2-2 and 2-3.

Oh and last complaint: I wish the gold counter would go away after a few seconds between treasure pickups. Combined with the health/bomb/rope counters, a lot of the top left of the screen gets obscured.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »

I knew there was more after the original levels that had been added, but spoiler tags, please.

Or glow tags, which are used here for the same purpose

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
e_va
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2012, 08:31:56 AM »

i bought this game just so people on twitter would shut up about dashboard ads or watever and played it once got to 1-4 and deleted the game. 2 out of 5 dums

also can i be unbanned now mr yu or is that too much for the community to handle  Roll Eyes
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »

You seem really sensible and not at all nutterlike.
e_va
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »

you seem ok 1/5
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »

o

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 09, 2012, 11:22:13 AM »

I'm delighted with a 1, thankyou.
Kepa
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »

Check out the top 5 high scores leaderboard (AS OF THIS POST)
Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »

Ah, I suck. I cant seem to get past the jungle levels!!! Angry in other news I unlocked two characters! shame they dont have special abilites (I think).

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
Ant
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »

I hope somebody uploads a vid of this hell level everybody is talking about, there is absolutely no way I could ever make it there.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »

i bought this game just so people on twitter would shut up about dashboard ads or watever and played it once got to 1-4 and deleted the game. 2 out of 5 dums

also can i be unbanned now mr yu or is that too much for the community to handle  Roll Eyes

Well, uh... I appreciate you trying it out, I guess! Who, Me?
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »

so, i sacrificed an idol and a gold poop-shooting monkey appeared, hi-larious. Cheesy

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 09, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »

actually considering getting an xbox for this  WTF

i dont like console fpss and we have a ps3, so it'd be for this and... fez, dont tell eva so it's probably not worth it

but damn does this look fun

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Chef Boyardee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 09, 2012, 08:07:37 PM »

HOW DO YOU CONNECT YOUR XBOX TO THE INTENRNET< I DID IT ONCE BEFORE. I AM 86 YEARS OLD. HELP. I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME. I SERVED IN THE KOREAN WAR.

Check out my game

Uykered
« Reply #254 on: July 09, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »

My brother plugged a cable into my Xbox, seems to work with the internet now.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2012, 05:20:32 AM »

Is the level generator more of a dick in Spelunky XBLA?  I seem to come across a lot more situations where I have to take damage from falling (unless I'm super awesome and catch a ledge) than in PC Spelunky.
brettchalupa
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2012, 06:35:47 AM »

Not sure if the generation algorithm is more dick-like or not, but when you're in a situation where you need to go down and it is a big fall, you can toss a rope and climb down that to prevent falling and getting damaged.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2012, 06:40:13 AM »

A lot of drops seem to be very close to harmful, but can be survived by crawling over the edge and dropping from hanging

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
st33d
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2012, 08:30:31 AM »

The RNG respects no one.

(You can break a fall with a monster stomp though.)
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »

Yeah, I know the tricks, it just seems that I have to use them now, whereas in Spelunky classic it wasn't necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic