Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 07:32:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMMORPG Tycoon 2 - Greenlit!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: MMORPG Tycoon 2 - Greenlit!  (Read 4231 times)
Oli414
Level 0

This text is too personal for you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 02:31:09 AM »

^

Wow, that's a lot more in depth then I expected it to be. Very impressive!
Keep us up-to-date on what's going on, I'd love to hear more about this project

Tuludo Demo - The online game creator without limits! - Devblog
mewse
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 06:08:24 AM »

Apologies for no update in the last several days;  things have been legitimately insane!

Also, I've kind of gone all obsessive-compulsive about checking the status of the Greenlight campaign, and following-up on things with people;  I've accomplished virtually nothing else since the campaign has gone live.

However, as of right now we're ranked #38 on Greenlight, out of about 2,300 games currently registered.  Which is pretty awesome!  But I'm still hoping to advance and get even higher!  It's midnight here at the moment;  I'm quietly hoping to maybe reach around #33 while I'm sleeping.. but that may not be realistic.  But we've just had an article published on a German site (http://www.gamestar.de/news/vermischtes/3272633/mmorpg_tycoon_2.html) which is currently driving a seriously silly amount of traffic to the page, so.. maybe!  Depends on how long that traffic surge lasts.  Smiley

I'm really looking forward to finishing up the Greenlight campaign.  The amount of time I spend checking social media and emailing journalists is pretty surprisingly high, at the moment!  Looking forward to being able to get head-down into code again sometime soon.  I totally understand why many teams get a full-time person who only handles this marketing side of things;  it isn't nearly as easy or fast as you expect it to be!

mewse
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2016, 05:33:19 AM »

However, as of right now we're ranked #38 on Greenlight, out of about 2,300 games currently registered.  Which is pretty awesome!  But I'm still hoping to advance and get even higher!  It's midnight here at the moment;  I'm quietly hoping to maybe reach around #33 while I'm sleeping.. but that may not be realistic.

As it turns out, we didn't just reach #33;  we actually made it all the way to #31 while I was asleep, and have been slowly advancing since then.  We haven't yet reached #30, but might get there by tomorrow! 

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth making an announcement when we reach #30, since it's pretty likely that we're going to hit that point soon.  Or whether to hold off for if/when we reach #25;  that's a more common rank to announce, but it needs something like 500 more "yes" votes to get there, so we almost certainly won't be hitting it this week.

But the campaign is going reallyreally well.  My stress has started to go in the direction of "I don't yet have an image to share in an announcement about being greenlit;  I should be talking to one of my artists about preparing one".  Which is sort of a nice stress to have!  Smiley

But still, I'm looking forward to getting a proper night's sleep again.  I can only imagine how broken-down my brain would be right now if I was wrangling a full Kickstarter or something!  Smiley
Joeb Rogers
Level 0

Professional Gameplay and Tools Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2016, 07:49:25 AM »

This is the sort of game that I just love to see, they fill me with so much excitement! I hope it ends up getting done too, and hopefully not in another 8 years haha. I'll definitely support the greenlight campaign!

It reminds me a lot of the concepts in Final Fantasy: My Life as a King. I really love the concept of adventurer management style things, sending people on quests and watching a world unfold rather than actually being any particular part of it.
mewse
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2016, 01:20:10 AM »

This is just a very quick note that we were greenlit over the weekend!  We finished up at rank 22 on Greenlight, which is so far beyond my expectations that I can't even express a cogent thought regarding that result.  Smiley

I've spent a lot of the last few days squinting at all the documentation and forms that one must agree to, sign, and otherwise complete after being accepted by Greenlight.  But I've also spent some time finally removing SDL_mixer from the game's codebase, and have begun swapping us over to FMOD Studio, which should finally give us some better audio tools.  I've also removed Box2D, because I have no idea why it was in there in the first place.  (I added it to the game engine, but then never used it for anything)

None of that shows up well in screenshots, so I'll just leave this instead:  a quick glimpse of a work-in-progress new "palace" building theme, that's begun to come in over the last few days.  Still needs detailing, but it looks not half bad from a respectable distance!  Smiley

FrancoGamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 10:29:42 AM »

bruh,mewse is gone
if one magic happens and mewse repply me i will be happy
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic