Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411690 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 18, 2024, 07:36:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVisions & Voices
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Visions & Voices  (Read 1717 times)
Crazetex
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2009, 07:47:27 PM »

A village's residents have vanished and a rumormonger has set out to discover why. He begins staying in the small hamlet and investigating the cause of the vanishings, only to find that reality is shifting before his eyes; that his nights are tormented by the words of The Prophet...

Visions & Voices is an adventure RPG made in only three weeks by Karsuman and Craze. It combines elements of traditional RPGs with the exploration present in an adventure game in order to create a fun - and quite dark - setting to play in.

Features:
-Fast-paced ATB battles
-Deep exploration and discovery
-Unique stats based on personality traits
-Several strong bosses to test your power
-Recruitable allies
-In-game help menu

Perfect for a weekend or a long, rainy afternoon, Visions & Voices is only a few hours long and offers a great deal of replayability - and it's free!

Thanks for checking this out,
-Karsuman and Craze

Click the screens to show a larger version.

Please do not download this game if you are not yet in High School (or of an equivalent age). There are mature themes in this game, although there is no blood or gore and there are not any explicit scenes.

It is suggested that you read the short "HowToPlay" text file for a run-down on basic keys and gameplay functions. Remember, exploration over massive amounts of battles! As for feedback I'm looking for... is the game fun? Were you able to search your way around? Was it TOO "blurry" to figure out what things did?

System requirements:
-At least 256mb RAM
-Sound card capable of playing MIDI files
-1.0 GHz P3 processor or better
...basically, your computer will be able to play this.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:54:20 PM by Crazetex » Logged
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:22:08 PM »

Rpg maker ;]

Did you make the monster sprites yourself? I like them.

Crazetex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:44:01 AM »

No, they were made by a person known as "Milano Cat" and are free for use at her website. http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milano-Cat/3319/muz/002.html
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »

Rpg maker ;]

It's odd how easy it is to tell, isn't it?

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

RPGVX RTP is not found.
Crazetex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »

Despite our best attempts to make this compatible with any player, it seems that we've been screwed by not making the game into a silly installer.

Could somebody please try opening Game.ini (in notepad or anything) and deleting the RTP=RPGVX line and seeing if the game runs?

All of our testers seem to have had the run-time package installed... although Karsuman and I have added all files required for V&V to run on any computer, it seems this was never actually tested.

We are very sorry for this mishap.

EDIT
We will have a new version up with this included, but if you are running Windows (not Wine on Linux) then deleting the line specified above makes everything work. Again, Karsuman and I are very sorry about this.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:47:08 PM by Crazetex » Logged
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 01:00:45 PM »

No, they were made by a person known as "Milano Cat" and are free for use at her website. http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milano-Cat/3319/muz/002.html

Do you know how to get the game [last link] to work?

EDIT: ah.. I see now that my computer changed all the Japanese names to weird letters like "ê+ô«"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:37:19 PM by JaJitsu » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic