Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411667 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 09:22:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeOffsite Aztez Development Shit
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Offsite Aztez Development Shit  (Read 1803 times)
Lith
Level 0

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2010, 12:19:40 AM »

So I'm going to be extensively recording the progress of Aztez as it gets developed and I figured I'd drop some funk here now that production is FINALLY rollin'. There's already a good handful of posts and I'm trying to be legitimately helpful instead of just masturbating all over the place. So by all means, open some dialogue with me about it so I can make sure it's awesome.

http://www.aztezgame.com/blog/

Some of the posts have actual Unity content in them you can interact with while I elaborate on the process which I'm fairly certain some of you would be into. Peace and love, gangsters.

Creative Director, Team Colorblind
www.aztezgame.com
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:01:54 PM »

Oh great, just what I need, yet another devlog to keep up with.

And keep up I will. Looking very forward to seeing where this goes. Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 12:33:58 AM »

Yesh, I really like the art style, and smackin' that guy in the attack effects demo.
You mention sacrificing will be in the game. Will that be like, something the player can do for whatever reason, or... like, only NPCs can sacrifice shit?

Like Xion, I am 'Looking very forward to seeing where this goes,' only only I would use immensely instead of very because it's a bigger word.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Renton
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:22:38 AM »

Shouldn't this be in devlogs, though?
Lith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 02:03:34 AM »

You mention sacrificing will be in the game. Will that be like, something the player can do for whatever reason, or... like, only NPCs can sacrifice shit?

Sacrifice is going to be an advanced technique in the sense that it's something you'll be able to do in specific circumstances i.e. at the end of combos, as a special move, during grabs, etc. but doing it makes you vulnerable until the animation is complete.

It's a significant mechanics because the currency in the game is blood; you'll be constantly accumulating it by fighting but sacrifice yields a whole fuck ton of it.

Shouldn't this be in devlogs, though?

I don't think so...I'm not going to be using the forums here as a log of any kind (that's what www.aztezgame.com/blog is for), I more so just wanted to get it out there and start a conversation.

www.aztezgame.com
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »

I've been hearing a lot of this game lately (not sure where though).

Looks neat, and I look forward to following along.

Lith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 12:13:11 AM »

I've been hearing a lot of this game lately (not sure where though).

Looks neat, and I look forward to following along.

Thanks! I'm glad there's some kind of discussion going on somewhere.

Also, threw up a new post tonight on the non-gamey perspective of the Marketplace game environment. http://is.gd/7Vi3D

www.aztezgame.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic