Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 09, 2024, 12:00:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames you REALLY dislike / hate
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Games you REALLY dislike / hate  (Read 32092 times)
SpaceBrance
Level 1

The one with White Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2008, 05:52:08 PM »

The problem I have with Snap, is only that it's not really a Pokemon game.

Had it been of something else...Animals I suppose, I'd like it much more. Especially if it was longer.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2008, 05:53:54 PM »

I don't see that as a problem because I disliked every single Pokemon game except Snap. They're all just boring jRPG-clones (and clones of an earlier game boy monster-raising game by Atlus, in particular), but don't even have the redeeming value of a plot.

Gnarf
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2008, 05:55:43 PM »

Well, as with other jRPGs the plot isn't much of a redeeming value. But they do have plots. (though as with other jRPGs, I can't recall them)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »

I think it's their only value. I wouldn't play a jRPG if not for their stories.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:57 PM »

I like tedious micromanagement, maybe thats why my favorite genre is adventure/citybuilder.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
PaleFox
« Reply #145 on: November 23, 2008, 08:52:18 PM »

I think it's their only value. I wouldn't play a jRPG if not for their stories.

This is not always true, sometimes you play them because you want to do a challenge run or something. You know, tedious micromanagement Smiley .
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 23, 2008, 10:33:27 PM »

I think Pokemon Snap had a lot of potential, but they squandered it all by putting it on rails. I would have loved it so much better if you could wander freely. Not just because it gives you more freedom, but because the on-rails perspective makes me feel like I'm actually shooting the Pokemon rather than photographing them.

Mentalpatient109
« Reply #147 on: November 24, 2008, 12:37:03 AM »

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventures for the Jaguar sends me into a fit of rage every time I play it. The only reason I ever boot it up is to play the original with a Jag controller.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2008, 01:11:16 AM »

Really? I loved The Mayan Adventure. But I guess if you had played the original first, it would be a bit of a Fallout 3, right?

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2008, 01:26:29 AM »

I played Fallout 2 before Fallout 3, and I still like F3. Is that weird?

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2008, 03:10:23 AM »

I think Pokemon Snap had a lot of potential, but they squandered it all by putting it on rails. I would have loved it so much better if you could wander freely. Not just because it gives you more freedom, but because the on-rails perspective makes me feel like I'm actually shooting the Pokemon rather than photographing them.

Seconded.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2008, 06:00:42 AM »

I played Fallout 2 before Fallout 3, and I still like F3. Is that weird?

No, I agree with you. All the people who were worried about 'Oblivion with Guns' were forgetting that Fallout 2 was not all that far away from Oblivion, gameplay-wise. And I think Bethesda has been relatively faithful to the setting in terms of art and design. The one thing that still really bugs me though is how it does a kung-fu-movie zoom-in on the face of any NPC who is speaking. Totally unnecessary.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2008, 07:31:20 AM »

Pokemon Snap was quite exquisite.

I agree  Gentleman
Gentleman

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »

No, I agree with you. All the people who were worried about 'Oblivion with Guns' were forgetting that Fallout 2 was not all that far away from Oblivion, gameplay-wise.

I am sorry, maybe I missing something here but how was Fallout 2 similar to Oblivion in gameplay? Oblivion was essentially a first-person Action-RPG with more distinctive stat tweaking than most Action-RPGs. Fallout 2 was a third-person, turn-based RPG with a distinctive perk system. I don't know, I played Fallout 1 much more so maybe I am neglecting some part of the gameplay.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Bennett
Jinky Jonky and the Spell of the Advergamez 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »

I am sorry, maybe I missing something here but how was Fallout 2 similar to Oblivion in gameplay? Oblivion was essentially a first-person Action-RPG with more distinctive stat tweaking than most Action-RPGs. Fallout 2 was a third-person, turn-based RPG with a distinctive perk system. I don't know, I played Fallout 1 much more so maybe I am neglecting some part of the gameplay.

I played Fallout 2 and Oblivion just before I played Fallout 3 and I was surprised how similar the ebb and flow of the gameplay was between all three games. I agree that the Fallout stats/perks system is a big improvement over the Oblivion system. But

- Oblivion has perks too, in the form of the horoscope and race systems
- Both Fallout and Oblivion give you an open simulated world, with quests that you can take any time.
- Both Fallout and Oblivion construct many of their quests in the form of warring factions that you can oppose or align with.
- Both Fallout and Oblivion feature large numbers of dungeons, which are fairly similar with mainly subtle variations between each dungeon.
- Both Fallout and Oblivion give you a choice between completing mainly NPC-based quests and just dungeon-crawling on your own
- Both games have a kind of party system that is entirely optional.
- Both games force you to use a map to fast-travel around the world

I take the first-person-action vs. isometric-turn-based distinction to be relatively minor in terms of the way you experience the game.
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »

That makes a lot more sense actually. Now that I think about it Oblivion and Fallout 2 both have a nameless protagonist, a mostly unified landscape that varies only slightly from place to place and feature a zoomed in perspective of some characters when speaking to them. Hmm, I hadn't thought that they were that similar.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
dither
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »

I don't hate any games. I mean, if I don't like a particular game, I just won't play it, so I never get to the point of developing such strong feelings about it. Sometimes I think I hate a game, but I'm really just annoyed that lots of other people like it more than some other games that I think are more deserving of attention. Snobbery, basically. Gentleman
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »

I played Fallout 2 and Oblivion just before I played Fallout 3 and I was surprised how similar the ebb and flow of the gameplay was between all three games. I agree that the Fallout stats/perks system is a big improvement over the Oblivion system. But

- Both Fallout and Oblivion give you an open simulated world, with quests that you can take any time.
- Both Fallout and Oblivion construct many of their quests in the form of warring factions that you can oppose or align with.
- Both Fallout and Oblivion feature large numbers of dungeons, which are fairly similar with mainly subtle variations between each dungeon.
- Both Fallout and Oblivion give you a choice between completing mainly NPC-based quests and just dungeon-crawling on your own
- Both games have a kind of party system that is entirely optional.

I take the first-person-action vs. isometric-turn-based distinction to be relatively minor in terms of the way you experience the game.
On that criteria, most quality CRPGs fall in that formula. Hell, even Planesccape: Torment is a FO clone on that (for dungeon crawling there is the nordom cube and the undercity).

Kekskiller
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2008, 12:06:16 PM »

I hate everything that is about: sports, cars, music, PvP fighting, WWII and online gaming in general.

And more specific: GTA (knock off that shit), Baldurs Gate and all the other damn shitty awesome boring D&D-whatever games. Recently Diablo 1,2 and even 3.. I hate them all, they made my hands philosophical and physical cripples! Fuck addicting games! DIIEEEEEE. Fallout is also stupid.

And now - the ultimate unforgivable indie-killer dislike: PLATFORMERS (shame on me)
Gnarf
« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »

I'd say that compares better to the trait system and the rest of the character creation if Fallout. Perks are chosen at different times during playing the game, which is a pretty important part of it. The entire character building system plays out very differently in Oblivion, where you don't really get to make any choices after character creation (only indirectly by using skills). That's very different. A lot very.

Oblivion does not force you to. And they don't work the same way.

Well, it's not. It's how substantial parts of the games are played. How they're played plays a relatively major part in terms of the way you experience the game.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic