Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 01:14:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI only play the games that're really hard to find...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: I only play the games that're really hard to find...  (Read 14735 times)
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »

Actually, Radnom, a lot of stuff that was said in the Spelunky review (well, the big Derek-bash with a cardboard Spelunky sign hung on its face, TF2 Spy style) is representative of Podunkian's actual feelings regarding Derek. The same, to some extent, is true of everything on PIGScene.

So I'm not wrong, and I do understand what's going on.  Well, that's a relief.  I should just trust my instincts.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »

Actually, Radnom, a lot of stuff that was said in the Spelunky review (well, the big Derek-bash with a cardboard Spelunky sign hung on its face, TF2 Spy style) is representative of Podunkian's actual feelings regarding Derek. The same, to some extent, is true of everything on PIGScene.

So I'm not wrong, and I do understand what's going on.  Well, that's a relief.  I should just trust my instincts.
Trust your feelings deadeye, let them guide you through life. I'm an animal. Raw, unbound. Existing purely on a reactionary level. Though this lies at the heart of my unbridled physicality, my raw power, it is also my greatest downfall. My achilles heel.

Nestled in bed one night with John McCain (I'm a log cabin republican, what of it?) he whispered sweet nothings in my ear, and amongst those nothings, the phrase "the fundamentals of our irony are strong." Though my ma (bless her soul, love ya ma) told me never to trust a politician, my barriers (in this case underwear) were down. I ran the gamut of powerful emotions, and my heart container was filled with love.

Only today, through reading your words, do I find out that I have been taken for a ride. Imagine my surprise, deadeye. Do you understand now? This is why I howl at the moon like the lone wolf that I am.

Sometimes it is best not to know what lies in man's dark, storied cave. For our intentions are known better than others. The old addage "to thine own self be true" becomes an impossibility. I have lost my innocence this day, and for what? For the sake of a video game. A mere child's plaything, hauled high upon its pedestal, celebrated as it crushes us underfoot. The proletariat have no power to rise under their own steam, punk. Johnny.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 07:37:48 PM »

What happened to you in there, Joe?  What in God's name did they do to you?
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 07:43:21 PM »

My guess is that he played Polybius and survived, but it... changed him.

Then again, he is not consistent with the tales of other victims of Polybius. Maybe it was something else... a more powerful game. One too beautiful for his human mind to handle.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:47:18 PM by Gold Cray » Logged
december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »

The Badds got to him.  But you can avenge him.  Get his machinegun from Destroyer-3 in Area 18 and stop the resurrection of Master D!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2008, 08:11:24 PM »

Again, it seems this is but a game to you. Dedicating your lives to this infantile pursuit has changed you.

There are certain things that happen to a man through the course of his lifetime that make a man acute. Do you remember the faces you encounter, every face, or just those whose profundity strikes you. An impression on the brain, moulding an indentation into the tissue itself that reads "I'm Gay". The potential, the infinite capacity chopped down and reduced to one. The singular article. More worlds than we will ever know, destroyed in an instant.

My ears are calcified. Struck with enough force they can break. What once was living tissue, reduced to porcelain. There is no question of which came first.

Peeking through the thin veneer of existence, I realise some things:

The afterlife, should it exist, offers little solace. Perhaps it is no longer possible to die. Cave Story is a bad game.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »

Super Joe, I salute you and your valiant efforts to teach us in the ways of manliness. Gentleman

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2008, 08:18:35 PM »

Super Joe, I salute you and your valiant efforts to teach us in the ways of manliness. Gentleman
Gender is a construct. It exists on a multi-axial sliding scale that plunges deep into negative depths, and soars high into the positive skies.

You're a zero.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »

Oh, cool, I've always wanted to be androgynous.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2008, 08:23:51 PM »

Are we already putting Super Joe on a pedestal? I need to know. Gentleman

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

Alex Kierkegaard, is that you?  I didn't think you posted on forums outside of your own insomnia.ac

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2008, 08:52:20 PM »

I refuse to trade genialities with you. There is a greater reasoning and those who understand will understand, and those who do not will be eternally ignorant. I'm here for a purpose and it must be fulfilled. Literally. The study of books.

I am going to explore post concussion syndrome as art. We will see which fractured metacarpal has more merit. Messhof I am coming for you, and I cannot be denied. Those who stand in my way will experience the shedding and dissolution of any associated covalent bonds, and those who do not stand in my way are cowards and idiots. Your choice has already been made, and perhaps you lack the power to change it. Maybe your fates are shared.

Let me tell you a little something about land, sea, and air. An intellectual theft has occured. The alarms are no longer silent and only I can hear them. I've never seen a movie.

Today is the day I erase your etymology. There can be no softness here.

TIGjam. A concept engineered by none other than the illustrious Derek Yu. A social experiment of sorts, by the Dr. Mengele of social experimenters, the hypothesis of which being: what would happen if we stuck a bunch of people who spend all their time on the internet into a small space?

The results were a foregone conclusion. They will spend their time on the internet, learned helplessness. Have you ever seen a rat drown? Except this time, upon opening their home page, instead of being welcomed by the gospel according to Derek Yu, they will be confronted by a small, 200x200 broadcast of themselves, browsing the internet. A mirror to the sickening realities of the indie game developer; an infinite feedback loop of embarassment, the crest of each wave growing ever harder to look at, which can only be ended by the CTRL-ALT-DELETE of my endless wit and insight.

Remember this: Like all Rome and Atlantis before it, TIGsource WILL fall. Its URL pointing to a 404 page. An entire community swept up in the currents of time and scattered like a thousand dandelion seeds into a state of perpetual obscurity. I am a weather system. Watch for me.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2008, 09:01:32 PM »

Damn, dude, if you really are as cold-blooded as all that... why the hell are you hanging out with a guy like Arthur Lee?!  The mind reels.

Tell Arthur to finish the Underside or else I'll pinch his nipple with a pair of chopsticks.  Like, really hard. <3
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2008, 09:19:20 PM »

This is a Playstation® Black Disc.

I do not even understand what you are trying to say. I'm not sure what you have Rtaken from this. Destroy this valley and everything in it. Games are for children. OThe layperson cannot truly take part in art, and as such art cannot be interactive. NEnsure a singular path or all roads will lead to ruin. Do you judge a celestial body by its size. Arthur lee is a fool and so are you if you're reading this.
Y

Arthur Lee? A mere pawn in the game of chess that daily plays out in my mind's eye. A subtle wave of the hand; A mere distraction while my bishop slips by, unnoticed by you and your countless minions (all pawns in their own right). My methods are irrational to some; more so to myself than others; which is to say sometimes I am unsure whether I am motivated by sheer madness or genius. But if there is one move no one expects it is the move of madness; the Dead Man's Gambit. A calm before the storm; yet a calm no more. The storm has arrived, Yu, and the hurricanes of madness rip through your defense leaving in its wake chaos and disarray. This is when I, the Bishop of Anarchy, shall usurp your power and take my position as the King of the Indepenent gaming community. Check mate.

We'll settle this at my design institute.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »

Hmmm, as soon as I think I understand, the understanding is pulled away from me, like a coaster pulled away from underneath the drink of my mind... clever.

But nevertheless, know this: I will destroy you, Super Joe.  Like a Power Glove cleaves through the dim light of a young boy's innocence while he plays Rad Racer for the last time, so will I cleave you.  That I will allow you to feel the tender caress of Arthur's touch as I click away your essence shall be my parting gift to you both.

Fare thee well.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2008, 02:07:37 AM »

Who/what is 'RONY'?

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2008, 02:10:47 AM »

IRONY?

Also, The Underside's music is funky. Can't get that City song out of my head. And that's a good thing.
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2008, 03:13:34 AM »

Who/what is 'RONY'?
It's cool that education has enabled you to parse capital letters.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2008, 04:08:37 AM »

An now let's derail this thread, shall we?

I like wrestling mythology. I like how the wrestlers all have their own purpose. I like how the same type of characters are always used. The big tough guy, the smart man, the eel, the hero, the rat, the foreign fighter, the home hero and the incarnation of the devil. I like how the personalities of wrestlers are all stereotyped so that they are easy to grasp by the most common person. I like how they bear names that are mostly superlatives and marketing buzzwords that are easy to remember. I like how the wrestlers talk before each show because otherwise, we would see that the battle is hollow.

It goes as follow you see. They step up and scream at each others. They try to use fancy words and vomit analogies. They scream about their manhood and say how the other is just a female (male or female wrestling alike). They say they are king of a realm that has no ruler, a realm that in theory cannot be ruled. They end their speech screaming how they will injure their opponent and then, they don't do anything of what they say.

After, nothing happens. A wrestler's job is not to fight. It is to convince the public that everything they say is not what it truly is: a lie. A nice friendly show where there is no real good or evil, just smoke and mirrors, an entertainment where the only thruth is in the viewers heart, and even then, only if the public want to accept it.

In the end, a wrestler is a talker, not a walker. They try to sound like tough guys, barking somewhat intelligible metaphors, claiming that their manhood is beyond manly because they know that they don't have power if they don't get attention.

I like wrestling mythology. I like how they act. I like to watch them act like watch dogs who spotted a tresspasser but when they catch it, they don't know what to do because they never learned how to bite.

I like wrestling but I don't watch it. I can't handle watching more than 5 minutes. Wrestlers keep talking and yelling at each others. I just change the channel. Soon after, the wrestlers fade away and we never hear about them again.

increpare
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2008, 04:19:34 AM »

I like wrestling mythology. I like how they act. I like to watch them act like watch dogs who spotted a tresspasser but when they catch it, they don't know what to do because they never learned how to bite.
Heh.  I just started reading mythologies by Barthes last week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic