Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 02:39:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJS's Small Game Page
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: JS's Small Game Page  (Read 1283 times)
Juhkystar
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »

Hmmmm, I don't really want to devote a full topic  to each of the games I make right now as they're fairly small and simple. I'd still like some feedback on them so I can learn from my mistakes so I'll be using this topic to post my creations until I make one I feel is worthy of a separate topic.

I'm using GameMaker to program these, SFXR for Sfx, and Modplug for most of my music.

Anyhoo, To delve into my completed games:

Without Remorse

This game was created for ThePoppenkast.com's Film Noir compo and is currently in 6th out of 7 entries. It's my best game to date, and I had to really push myself to get most of it right. The only glitch is an infinite death one that WILL NOT DISAPPEAR. I spent two hours bug testing to get it out then gave up. C&C if you don't mind.

http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=62041

----------------------------------------------------------

Cavernous Inquiry

I just finished this one today. This is for a 3 Hour Poppenkast Compo. It took me about 4.5 hours to make, mainly due to my stupidity of naming my variables screwy names and having to fix them all later. My first exploration game. Not much depth, but kinda fun to play.

Controls: Arrow Keys

http://www.willhostforfood.com/access.php?fileid=66655

So let me know what you think!
CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »

cavernous inquiry vista compatibleCool

Juhkystar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »

Thanks for the compile PD.  Wink
Curseman
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 03:44:04 AM »

I think I encountered that infinite death thing in without remorse.  I died, and people kept shooting me and my life kept going down into the negatives, but the game didn't ever continue from there.

Another issue I noticed was that the player appears to not be able to jump into an opening one tile high if a ceiling is over his his head.  You can get stuck in at least one place because of this.

I think the game would benefit if you slowed everything down a bit.  It's hard to see where shots are going, and fights that aren't a matter of taking potshots from cover usually devolve into hopping and shooting around randomly.
Juhkystar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 08:48:07 AM »

Hmmm, I never noticed the one tile thing. I'll have to keep that in mind next time. And my computer is kinda slow so I guess I made everything too fast. Gaaahhh. Oh well, lessons lessons learned.  Wink Thanks for playing a feedback.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic