Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411841 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

June 01, 2024, 03:22:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessDistributing digital covers of copyrighted songs for free
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Distributing digital covers of copyrighted songs for free  (Read 5851 times)
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »

The chance of you getting in trouble, especially with not charging, is really slim though.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »

Well, I decided to go "fuck it" and compose and record my own original songs, however lackluster they may turn out to be. I'll post in Art and Design in a few days.

DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 02:56:33 AM »

Have you considered looking at songs by people just trying to get their names out there, by any chance? I know it's probably not as cool as getting real licensed stuff, but at least then you don't have to do that part of the work yourself. And they'd probably take having their name in a game as compensation enough. Besides, a little cooperation between indies is cool, I think. Indie game with, as of now, indie music.

I ask because I live in a college town and we have bands out the ass. A lot of them are content just to get to play for people, much less get paid for it. That would be the obvious source of music if I were making a music game, if your definition of "music game" is the same as mine.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic