Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411570 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 08:00:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationPGC - Results!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: PGC - Results!  (Read 86389 times)
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 09:14:36 AM »

I went with

-Rescue: The Beagles. It was really fun. Once you realize that falling more than ten centimeters, it's pretty easy to get a hang of.
-Fay. Because it's fun. And it has nice graphics.
-dropTD. I loved this; my online problem was how short it takes to finish.
-Krebswelte. This game was fun to play, but the game over at death thing was kind of annoying. I voted for it because it would be way awesome with a lives system.
-Everyone loves active 2. I'm a sucker for arena shmups.

And my favorite:
-Minus. It isn't all that complicated, but it has a very nice polish to it. Worked well, and I didn't run into any bugs. Nice job, Melly!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 09:34:01 AM »

Yeah, if TIGS compos continue to increase in popularity we may have a problem organizing and playing all the entries.

Also, yay, I'm loved Grin

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »

I like moi's procedurally generated voting scoring Smiley
VOTED.

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
medieval
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 06:52:15 AM »

Everyone who posted a playable demo is in there, I think.
But still  :D
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »

Alright, I've finally voted. Went for Artificial Nature, Dyson, Last Colonists, Minus, Rescue: The Beagles and sin(Surfing), though it was pretty close between my final two choices (I had 20 games on my shortlist!). I'll give detailed reasons sometime next week (planning to do a big write up like I did with the B-Games and VGNG).

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 04:44:00 PM »

Because it's fun, Fay: The platform mechanics worked really well and there was a high level of polish. A bunch more potential to be explored here.

dropTD: I generally hate tower defense games nowadays but this one managed to inject some originality into the genre and it was fun inserting files and seeing what happens.

KrebsWelte: Really enjoyed the general feel of the game. Admittedly, I was expecting different sets of levels each time I played but having the same set of pre-generated levels does give you a chance to practice.

Rescue: The Beagles: Probably the most anticipated game of the competition.. this is actually my pick (and I'm guessing more then a few others') to win. It was simple, cute and polished (can't wait to see the final version).

Self Destruct: I wouldn't have voted for this if it was a regular bullet hell shooter but this was special - I think it's the breakneck pace that made it so fun (everything else completed the package).

ZICZAC: Puzzle games generally seem to get underrated in competitions where there are a lot of action games submitted. Ziczac was one of the best puzzle games I've played in a long time and doesn't deserve this treatment... if there was ever a puzzle game that deserved to win a competition, it is this.

Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 03:58:01 PM »

I had loads of fun with Test Pilot. I played like 1 hour trying different names and getting wild results, like very light planes with insanely big reactors or wings... :D

DropTD is such a good idea. Kudos for a game mechanic based on dragging and dropping files.

I didn't have that much fun playing Space Game Mujakwi but I can appreciate its depth and complexity. Easily earns my vote.

And I loved the beagles too. Adorable graphics, polished controls, awesome music.

I also spent more than 10 minutes trying to find the goddamn pterodactyls in Triangulon. Now I know there isn't any, but the style and graphics are just too awesome, I couldn't care less about the lack of stuff to shoot at.

Great entries everyone!

qoouep
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 11:59:59 PM »

Best gameplay: KrebsWelte
I would like to see an ending after a set number of levels. Replay value would be good too.

Best Graphics: The Adventures of Charles Dumbbell
The Adventures of Charles Dumbbell looks really nice but lacks compelling gameplay

Most Innovatie: ZICZAC
I would like to see different arenas to play on. Multiplayer would be nice too.

Hardest: Self Destruct
It would be nice for this game to have multiple difficulty levels to play on.

I would also like to give a shout out to Rescue: The Beagles for being a fun entry.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 12:03:39 AM by qoouep » Logged
Corpus
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 10:00:09 AM »

Seems to me that it would be better to wait until after the results are released before we discuss our votes, so as to avoid influencing others' decisions.

I still haven't played most of the PGC games, never mind voted Shocked I'll get on it. Promise.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 06:05:41 AM »

At the moment I have

part 1: 545 downloads
part 2: 2080 downloads
part 3: 480 downloads

Why the massive 4* multiplier on part 2?

Anyone got any stats on download numbers?

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 06:11:58 AM »

Yep - the top five downloads on my server are all PGC related. Here's what I've got so far:

1 886    1.23%    11,813,562 Kb    32.25%    /TIGSource PGC Entries Part 1.rar
2 742    1.03%    11,307,563 Kb   30.87%    /TIGSource PGC Entries Part 2.rar
3 582    0.81%    8,320,324 Kb   22.71%    /TIGSource PGC Entries Part 3.rar
4 1447    2.01%    2,164,896 Kb    5.91%    /Self Destruct.zip
5 402    0.56%    642,614 Kb   1.75%    /Minushealthless.rar

That part 2 thing is really strange Smiley I would have guessed that people were downloading the first game from me, the second from you and the third from Sar because of the way they're laid out, but although I do seem to have slightly more on the first one that doesn't really hold up. So I haven't a clue WTF
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 06:16:32 AM by Terry » Logged

PaulMorel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 08:51:25 AM »

I wish I had time to play more entries.

I think I will have to abstain unless I can get to a significant number of these (more than the 4 I have played).

my computer music blog: http://www.thisisnotalabel.com
Greender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 09:56:38 AM »

My favorite ones where:

1>> Krebswelte
2>> Minus
3>> Self Destruct
4>> Laser Bunny
5>> Space cat on mutant planet
6>> Rescue the beagles

I really enjoyed the top 3, very good games.

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 05:58:05 AM »

I'm waiting until that magical point when my apartment isn't flooded (Cedar Rapids, IA) so I can play said games. As such, I only have 5 I could vote on (because I won't vote on my own game).
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 10:06:12 AM »

You wait until your appartment isn't flooded anymore to play indie games?

I see, you still have to learn very much, young Indiewan.  Gentleman

BaronCid  Wink

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »

You wait until your appartment isn't flooded anymore to play indie games?

I see, you still have to learn very much, young Indiewan.  Gentleman

Tongue Na, I'm too lazy to go down the Interstate for 3 miles because it will take me 2 hours to do so. And there is this whole "we will arrest you if you swim" though I considered it.

Though, in hindsight, when I said "I won't miss my laptop for a few days" I may have had a... overly ambitious belief in my willpower concerning a computer addiction. As such, I've been without a real computer for the last six days.

On the other hand, it would have been a REALLY good time for a demake since my in-laws have a Windows 98 machine with a whole 64 MB RAM and runs at the blistering pace of 300 MHz. A friend of mine gave me "Master of Magic" to occupy my time until I get the Internets back. And that is stressing the machine a bit. Smiley

Though, I now have this desire to remake Master of Magic. Imagine that.
Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »

I just got the chance to play some of the games on a good pc instead of my laptop, and man, Everybody Loves Active is like a million times better when you get more than three enemies a minute.

Robson
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 01:23:19 PM »

I voted for:

Apples and Oranges (addictive, nice idea, well implemented)
Dyson (relaxing, atmospheric, nice visual style)
Laser Bunny - Adventures in the Alien Death Mines! (nice graphics, great name, fun)
Minus (nice graphics, cuteness)
Rescue the Beagles (fun to play, cuteness)

I also enjoyed many of the others, including KrebsWelte, ZICZAC, Because it's fun Fay, DropTD and King of Public Transport. Well done to everyone who took part Kiss
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 11:52:01 AM by Robson » Logged

Current devlog: Infinite Puzzles.
Competition entries: Wall of the Words.
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 03:06:35 PM »

I really need to make time to play some more of the games too. The few I have are really great fun Smiley

Interesting to see some of the dload stats:
At the moment I have

part 1: 545 downloads
part 2: 2080 downloads
part 3: 480 downloads

Why the massive 4* multiplier on part 2?

Anyone got any stats on download numbers?

That dload jump with regards to part 2 is a tad odd, maybe some other site linked to page 2 by mistake?

If anyones interested - here are the current stats for the game I had a hand in:

laserbunnywangles has had most referals (47%) from some site called `jayisgames.com` which I had never heard of before. Followed by tigsource at 22%, indiegames at 16%, playthisthing at 8% and a bunch of others filling the final percentage.
And total dloads as of this evening is 984.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:23 AM »

You've never heard of Jayis games? It reviews just about anything indy. You can find   basically all browser games and indy games online if you look hard enough on that site.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic