Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 01:54:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationPGC - Results!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: PGC - Results!  (Read 86385 times)
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:41 AM »

mostly it's family-friendly casual games though. jay is very straight-laced polite  and psychotic bipolar nutso about it

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »

mostly it's family-friendly casual games though. jay is very straight-laced polite  and psychotic bipolar nutso about it

I did hear a lot about him being crazypants.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 08:48:43 AM »

Dyson blew my mind. I wish now that there was more content and options, but whoa.
MMORPG... was also fun, but once you figure it out it's not so tricky (:

All in all everything was very fun.

hi
PaulMorel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »

MOI, I f%#king LOVE your rankings ... for the obvious reason that my game is first.  Grin

-Last Colonists   ----->17/14/18   =16.75
-Artificial Nature   ----->14/17/18   =16.75
-Test pilot      ----->15/14/17   =16
-dropTD       ----->15/14/17   =16
-Space Game : Mujakwi   ----->12/16/16   =15
-...etc

That's probably all the props that I'll get for it, but you totally made my day.  Thanks for the very nice compliment!  Beer!

my computer music blog: http://www.thisisnotalabel.com
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »

I signed up to vote! I'd to thank you guys for running these competitions; they're really, really good for gaming. Thanks to everyone who entered, too! Here are my favourites:

- Biocosm. Gorgeous and atmospheric, with great potential.
- Dyson. Slick, beautiful and hypnotic.
- KrebsWelte. Surreal, with nice upgrade mechanics and a dark feel.
- Rescue: The Beagles. Really nice controls, a lovely art style.
- Space Game: Mujakwi. Great use of procedural generation for planets and aliens.
- ZICZAC. Minimalist and inventive. Really gets into your head, which is the mark of a good puzzle game.

Dyson kind of blew me away. The first time I played it, I emerged an hour later, blinking and dazed. It initially seems relaxing, but this is deceptive. When the enemy starts swarming on you, it becomes frantic.

I'd like to mention a few that I also really liked; chosing only six was hard. MMORPG Tycoon is a great idea, nicely executed. Because It's Fun, Fay has some fantastic sound effects, and is really promising. Everyone Loves Active 2 is stylish and reminds me a lot of Every Extend. dropTD is a superb idea. The Adventures of Charles Dumbbell has some really nice sprites, and a great feel to the character's movement. Minus is nice, streamlined platforming.

There were, sadly, a few I couldn't get to run, which I suspect is because I'm running 64-bit XP. I was looking forward to checking out Space Cat on Mutant Planet, K2, sin(Surfing) and the Germinator. Alas, it wasn't to be.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 08:15:54 AM »

Well, I finally got around to posting my usual writeup Tongue Here it is, if anyone's interested:

Procedural Generation Competition: My Picks

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2008, 03:08:56 PM »

Em, I just reread it and I think it might have come across kinda overly critical in places... Embarrassed I'd just like to say that I didn't mean it that way, was a bit sleep deprived when I wrote it but my intention was just to give positive, useful feedback in as many cases as I could. I think all the games are great Smiley I'm very proud of you all!

Beer!

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2008, 05:18:24 PM »

So where's Ciellus again? Cause I thought that was supposed to be the greatest  Cave Story ever, until someone didn't finish it.

yeah, you know what i'm talkin about

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 05:21:08 PM »

They will finish it, and it will be better than ever.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »

Sad I don't know, I feel like there’s something I’m missing with Ciellus.

Like the game.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2008, 12:38:47 AM »

Yeah yeah yeah, fair enough Tongue

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2008, 12:49:29 AM »

You will be pwned for your comments Alec.

And you will LOVE IT.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2008, 01:38:23 AM »

Thanks, Melly Smiley

Fuck it, I don't know why I bother. I've taken down that stupid post. I should just stick to making games.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2008, 01:51:37 AM »

Wait, why'd ya take it down? It was a good post- you were lucid and reasonable (despite your constant trailings into "oh, I think I'm being too critical here", you really, really weren't).

Besides, it's only a review stating your opinions, right? Unlikely people here will begrudge you for those.
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2008, 02:10:47 AM »

I thought it was good too, but then I would I suppose

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2008, 02:13:45 AM »

Sorry, I don't mean to be a drama queen or whatever, but I don't see the point in posting something like that if it's just going to piss people off Sad Let's just pretend I never posted it at all.

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2008, 02:30:57 AM »

So where's Ciellus again? Cause I thought that was supposed to be the greatest  Cave Story ever, until someone didn't finish it.

we're still working really hard on it.. sorry for getting everyones hopes up for the contest!  Please don't be mad!
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2008, 03:49:46 AM »

And now you learn that awesomeness is a double-edged sword. Wielding it requires much responsability: you never know how deep it'll penetrate your public. Of course, you can paliate to the fact that the game wasn't ready for the compo by starting a thread about it and posting screen shots on a weekly basis along with the project development status. Cool

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2008, 03:56:08 AM »

Sorry, I don't mean to be a drama queen or whatever, but I don't see the point in posting something like that if it's just going to piss people off Sad Let's just pretend I never posted it at all.

Noo - never self censor. Stick to your views, as people can always choose to ignore them if they dont like the sound of them  Wink

Seriously though, I think all feedback on the games is good for people - even if it sounds negative. Its no good just having people tell you `this is great` after all.

Opening a debate is where things get interesting, and it helps people to challenge their own ideas.

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2008, 05:11:28 AM »

And now you learn that awesomeness is a double-edged sword. Wielding it requires much responsability: you never know how deep it'll penetrate your public. Of course, you can paliate to the fact that the game wasn't ready for the compo by starting a thread about it and posting screen shots on a weekly basis along with the project development status. Cool

Bah, I always start a thread when I try. Sometimes the path trying to succeed is just as important as actually finishing. Smiley That and this is my first contest I actually got something I could enter (though I still want to finish my 4E* entries).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic