Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:01:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFor a Moderator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: For a Moderator  (Read 923 times)
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »

Why was my entire thread announcement deleted after someone made a very offensive comment to it?  I followed all the rules that were present at the time of the post's creation.  I can't figure out how to message a moderator or I wouldn't have created this thread.
ink.inc
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:16:45 AM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32053.msg860274#msg860274

Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:19:09 AM »

I didn't join to spam my game I came here for other purposes.  I read the rules on the forum and this morning the rules I read on the forum were not those rules you just linked.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 11:19:50 AM »

that's because he's a loose cannon, a moderator on the edge, we can't keep on covering him much longer

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
ink.inc
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 11:29:20 AM »

Quote from: Valignus Post Date
April 18,2013

Quote from: Announcement Rules Update
March 07, 2013
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 11:36:23 AM »

I read the rules on the forum and this morning the rules I read on the forum were not those rules you just linked.
OBAMA

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 11:43:20 AM »

I dug up your thread. (I'm not a moderator. Just looked back.)

It was a bit of marketing text, with a link.
A copy-pasted press release. No screenshots, no content, no means of interaction with you without clicking through.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »

I made that text as I wrote the post, no copy-pasting of anything.  Nowhere in the rules was there any guidance on the proper formatting of announcing your game.  As my first game I didn't really have anything to go by.  If anyone in the community would have been constructive I could have updated the post, instead of looking at the hateful reply to my post for five hours.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »

Recently the announcement forums became filled with topics created by people who only registered to market their game. They post this one topic and then leave the forums, not caring about the community.
To counteract this trend there is now a policy of deleting/droming new topics in announcements posted by people who only just registered and who seem like just another spammer. Some users also enjoy posting obscenities in those topics before they get deleted.

If you care about becoming a member of the forums give something back - give feedback to other games, share your knowledge in help topics and post a devlog for your game in development instead of starting off with advertising your game that is already released.

Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 12:25:54 PM »

Thank you Netsu for your time and advice.
Valignus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 12:28:36 PM »

By chance did anyone get a copy of my post before it was deleted?  I can't reach it from Google.  If you can find it, please send me a copy, I would be very grateful.  I'd like to maybe use it again some other time.  You can leave out the reply of that thread.  Smiley
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 12:55:53 AM »

Hi! Sorry for not responding earlier, I missed your thread somehow.

As Netsu said, the new spam rules were established to keep people from just dumping their press releases here and leaving because the announcement section was getting clogged up with those kinds of threads. Your post is kinda an edge case but I'd say just feel free to repost it now. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic