Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411604 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 03:22:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)looking for some zombie art
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: looking for some zombie art  (Read 1086 times)
theTravMania
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:34:48 AM »

Ok, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed post this here, am I?  I guess you'll tell me.

I've made a zombie game, it's pretty basic, turn based, small hexes, they contain either some background, a wall, the player, a zombie or the exit.

I'm pretty pov at art (the game currently operates on flat colours), so I'm trying to find someone who doesn't mind pointing me at some nice looking zombies / backgrounds that will fit (tile) in hexes

It's an open source, free game which I'm currently porting to android, so I don't have a budget or anything, but I'd be more than happy to make a credits screen and put whatever you want there
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 05:38:50 PM »

Since the graphics should be done specifically for your project, I think it'd be best if you made a template or something for what you want.
Nix
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »

Ok, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed post this here, am I?  I guess you'll tell me.

1) This thread really should be in the Jobs forum.
2) It would be great if you spent some time introducing yourself so we can get to know who you are.

Good luck with your project  Smiley
theTravMania
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »

Since the graphics should be done specifically for your project, I think it'd be best if you made a template or something for what you want.
Well so far all I've got are some circles arranged in a hexagonal grid, I'm more into mechanics than art, so any set of graphics would work, so long as the hexes tile and the characters fit in the hexes
I'm a bit of an art noob, so let me know if there's anything obviously missing, but here goes:

I'm looking to have a circle of hexes with a circumference of 7 (one center and 3 in each direction) and I want to squeeze that into about 300x300 pixels.
current orientation has flat edges along the east/west axis, and pointy bits on north/south.  I'd rather keep it that way, but if you insist on your art having flat topped hexes I can probably change it.

Cartoony/symbolic graphics are fine, my preference would be to keep characters confined to their hexes (makes things a lot easier for me)

The inspiration for the game came from rogue survivour so maybe look at that for an idea of what I have in my head?

I'd like to set the game in an urban environment, but if you prefer drawing any other environment, so long as it's hexes I'm sure it'll be fine.

1) This thread really should be in the Jobs forum.
ok, I figured because it was unpaid it didn't belong there... can a mod move it?

2) It would be great if you spent some time introducing yourself so we can get to know who you are.
I'm no-one, I've done nothing of interest ever, hopefully the zombie game will be of interest to someone, if I think it is I'll introduce myself when it's released as "the guy who did that zombie game with the help of that awesome artist".  deal?
Done

Good luck with your project  Smiley
Thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:52:02 PM by theTravMania » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic