Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411601 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 11:34:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Influence Chart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Influence Chart  (Read 2994 times)
Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:33:36 PM »

This is something I've been thinking about for quite sometime, the idea is fairly simple;
Basically a visual semantic board of your artistic inspirations or influences.
Everyone has them, unless you live in your reclusive world such as our good friend Henry Darger.

Picasso implied that great artists don't get caught stealing because what they appropriate they transform so thoroughly into their own persona, that everyone ends up thinking the great idea was theirs in the first place.

This is a mere sample, of the obvious comparison to many of my "artistic peers"
I have many works that I would consider none-influential but that's a fairly relative thing to say being that influence is a pretty sub-consciously unavoidable thing.

If anyone else cares to elaborate I'd love to see some more charts so I don't seem so crazy.
Really interested to see if anyone else is as honest or aware about the origins of their work as I am.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:56:09 AM by Bones » Logged

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

For a while, DeviantArt was abuzz with this Influence Meme. I filled mine out a while back:

Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:49:28 AM »

Geeze. >.<;
I haven't even seen this meme on dA, I just opened MSPaint and tried it.
but who knows, my memory is so terrible that maybe I was influenced by one I saw long ago, but don't remember yet the idea stayed with me.  Shrug Maybe it wasn't even that long ago...

but Theo, where is your art?
I only see art of influence, but none being compared to your own work to see the physical similarities.
The idea of this thread "study" was to see just what has transferred over into your own works rather than remind you of your inspiration.
Glad to see that you posted one at least, knowing my idea is already unoriginal.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:02:11 AM by Bones » Logged

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

krasimir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:46:45 AM »

That's a nice one. Though I remember the day I saw the influence chart for The Prodigy - killed all the magic for me! Wizard

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic