Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 07:29:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Tzigla
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tzigla  (Read 3100 times)
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2011, 09:14:14 PM »

http://tzigla.com/

This is an interesting pixel-art board that's been started by an interesting couple.  It's a collaborative drawing site, but... well, they explain it pretty well.

Tzigla is for collaborative drawings

Specifically, the type of drawing where several artists create tiles that connect to each other to finally result in a complete drawing. The fun part is that they only see a small margin of the surrounding tiles so the results end up quite surreal.

They only have one finished drawing so far, so check it out:
http://tzigla.com/boards/1

I dunno if any artists here would like to play around with it, but figured I'd pass it along.  Hope some of you figure it out!

EDIT:  Oh, it comes with a built-in pixel editor and apparently Tigsters can get a board to call our own.  This could even be Tigworld 3.0 (maybe.) I dunno if someone would be interested (Melly?)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:28:21 PM by Aquin » Logged

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »

I am so down for this you don't even know. (This is also pretty fun to use and stuff so let's get going on this guys!)

Also kudos to the guy who is programming this, he is a cool dude! This is fun :D
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:51:47 PM »

Hola hola hola, oatmeal and granola! Well, hello there!

I'm one of the authors of tzigla. The other author is my gf.

I want to point out some things that are not instantly apparent because we suck and didn't make them clear enough on the site :/

Briefly, the purpose of the site is the same as the two exquisite corpses you guys have run here, just automated and a bit more strange since on most of our boards you only get to see a bit of the neighboring tile. And we can only do squares for now.

Also, it's not only about pixel art. We have normal digital art boards and pixel art boards (it says if they are pixel with a tiny font under the board on the homepage). All pixel boards can use the built-in pixel editor, which can also be used standalone (http://tzigla.com/editor), if you want to mess around.

There are also two sandboxes where you can fool around without stressing to make a really nice tile or anything: digital art sandbox and pixel art sandbox. Also, if you scroll down on the homepage, there's a list of all the boards, with expected still level and a tiny preview and stuff.

We've been working our asses off on this site for the last 4 months, neglected our jobs and had a crazy time doing it and we really hope you'll love it and squeeze it and call it george tzigla.

Huggies y'all! Durr...?

ps: double huggies for Aquin for being really delicious on irc Smiley
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:13:57 PM by evilchelu » Logged
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:23:36 AM »

ohai

Yesterday on IRC, some people were complaining about the lack of a selection tool that would let you move a little sprite around.

We tought about that and to us it seems that having layers would be easier to implement, allow you to move stuff around (provided you draw it where it should from the start), and also give even more flexibility than just selections?

What do you think? Layers or selections? And why?

Toodles!

ps: One of the pixel boards is picking up quite nicely :D

easy street: http://tzigla.com/boards/8
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »

'lo

We've just deployed LAYERS with 10 minutes before we go on vacation for 3 months :D

Fortunately, only on staging for now. We'd really really really love some feedback on the layers so we have a chance of putting it on live in the next days before we sell our laptops :D

http://staging.tzigla.com/ (edit: now actually works :D)

Check it out: undo/redo across layers should work, transparent color should work, drawing, filling, saving, loading, refreshing without closing the editor, submitting a tile, etc. All should work.

Pretty pretty please let us know of any bugs. We did this feature now before leaving just because people from this forum asked, really. And we stayed till 7am today to work on it Smiley

Huggies, have fun, and we hope we didn't put a silly bug in just before leaving.

weeeee
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:07:36 PM by evilchelu » Logged
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 03:26:36 AM »

I'd love to have a go on this. The collaborative drawing in the first post is amazing :D

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 04:36:58 AM »

This is pretty sweet.
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:53:20 AM »

We´ll have some sped improvements coming soon (apparently the layers were kinda rapidly hacked together :D). For now apprently it´s dog slow on ff 3.6 but just dandy in safari, opera and chrome. This is mostly a logic issue so, I expect the staging version to be really slow on ipads as well.

So, has anynoe tried out the editor to actually do something? It would really help if people poke it around and try to abuse it a little Wink

Thanks
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »

Deployed some speed fixes to staging (from the airport :D). Should be actually usable on firefox 3.6 now.
evilchelu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »

Hi again, we've just deployed the layers to live!

http://tzigla.com

Enjoy! We're off to the jungle in a few days... back in 3 months!

Huggies and please have lots of fun with this till we're back to fix any broken stuff Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic