Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411590 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 03:22:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkLooking for a programmer for Survival Sandbox game Inspired by Alien
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a programmer for Survival Sandbox game Inspired by Alien  (Read 957 times)
Benjamin385
« on: April 23, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »

Hey all!

For those who do not know me my name is Benjamin. I am an amateur/Hobbyist 3D artist that is looking to take my skills and apply them to a project of my own.

About the Project
I am currently planning a sandbox builder/shooter inspired by Alien, MineCraft, and Tekkit.

Game Play
The Game revolves around building a colony in a hostile environment. The Deeper down you dig or the father go from spawn - the more Hostile the creatures and the environment gets. However the farther down you go the bigger the resource yields will be.

You will need to worry about things such as Oxygen, Energy and resources for both survival and personal defense. You will also need to worry about the various native tribes that may welcome you or attack you.

Building System
You do not build things out of blocks you build things out of prefabs (Pre-made 3D objects). Each 3D object comes built empty - No Power hubs, No Computers, No Doors, etc. The Players need to add these. However you are not limited to prefabs. You can build right into a mountain side and make your own Mount Cheyenne if you want.

My Work

<Coming Soon>

Pay
There is no pay at least for now.

What do I do?
Amateur 3D Artist - Rigging, Modeling, Texturing, etc.

Who am I looking for?
1 Experienced Programmer - C# (Unity3D/MonoGame), Java (JMonkey Engine/LWJGL), JavaScript/WebGL (Voxel.js)

Targeted Platforms - Initial
PC (Windows, Mac, and Linux)

Targeted Platforms - Later
Android (Project Shield)

Feel free to contact me -
Ben_Stan[at]SqueakInteractive.com
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:52:57 PM by Benjamin385 » Logged
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »

What makes you commit to either Java or C#?
Anyway, want some help hacking together a prototype?
Benjamin385
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:04:23 AM »

What makes you commit to either Java or C#?
Anyway, want some help hacking together a prototype?

I just have allot of code based resources for those languages - Mainly Terrain systems.

Yes I would like some help hacking together a prototype. But I need to follow up on something first.

I asked for help on this project before hand and I need to make sure that the person is still interested.
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »

Sure.  Waaagh!
Benjamin385
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »

Sure.  Waaagh!

You will be getting a PM shortly.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: