Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 07:01:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRogueLegends
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: RogueLegends  (Read 13100 times)
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »

Hey guys here are some new screenshots, take  a look , sorry i couldn't get a screenshot of the level up screen and some commands (like eating)

battling some large centipedes :D, i won

me looking through my inventory

@@@My Website@@@

You bash the Rat in the stomach with the banana
///////////
The rat is struck down
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 06:25:15 PM »

Whoa! The graphics (interface and in general) are looking a lot better! Kind of weird that you don't do whole number damage. .60 damage seems unnecessary.

edit:
I am adding the ability to weild pretty much anything as a weapon, you can attempt to beat a kobold to death with a banana if you so please.
I'll have you know this is exactly the feature I look for in all roguelikes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:31:33 PM by IzzyReggie » Logged

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »

Whoa! The graphics (interface and in general) are looking a lot better! Kind of weird that you don't do whole number damage. .60 damage seems unnecessary.
thank you! Grin, it may not be whole numbers, but the combat system works well. it seems to be finally perfectly balanced when i use this system.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:55:35 PM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 03:49:58 AM »

My Blog (well game making blog) where i will be putting the download link

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2012, 06:56:38 AM »

I have fully implemented the food and hunger system, screenshots later, adding side-realms now, (multievel dungeons that can be accessed from certain levels), or forests,rat nests + serphant nests. Its randomly determined so that extra dungeon wont be in each playthrough, im also adding side objectives you can get from talking to people in the side realms, the Kobold City for example.  <-- i bet you have never seen that in a roguelike
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:20:02 AM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 06:16:19 AM »

Speed is fully implemented, i have a formula for calculating speed, so now the player and enemies have there own speed, the speed effects how many moves they get in one turn, so now i can make injuries slow monsters down and the player. After this and after i add weapons (fully) i will work on the combat systom to make it more in depth. Grappeling and choking speifically. And possibly a better injury system, the leg is banged up etc. well ill finish up blunt force weapons tonight so players can finally equip a rat corpse as a weapon. and maces, clubs, vegatables. Kobolds can already equip weapons. After this i will add AC which will be simple and items you can wear (more difficult). After this i will work more on the side realms, SIDE QUESTS FTW
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:26:34 AM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »

I decided to no longer post everything i add, only when major things happen, i gave the alpha version to a friend and he loved it. I hope you guys do to, ill post once i add a few more things (wearing armor) for example. The first realms will be added soon as-well. But they will appear based on the plot. I will add a few cross-dungeon things though, like labyrinths. Side objectives are coming soon as-well.

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »

Working on slashing weapons tonight new screanies coming soon  Wink my friend also wants to make a tileset, his will be the second Tongue, also i forgot to mention this, the dungeons get more complex the deeper you go based on a forumla (since the dungeons can be of many sizes). I Have been told my algorithms are amazing by my testers . (i am very proud)

I will work on making the plots more interesting and more major in the dungeon generation tomorrow, since i have a ton of free time tomorrow. Kobold-ratman-gorgon power struggles? Side quests? who knows (well i know). I also plan on adding special situations that use a stat check to determine things (you have been encased in a magic forcefield and cant get out (it will then check your wisdom and will power and decide whether you can break it and if not you are paralyzed for a few turns)

note i will be needing more testers soon, (i need testers that will be active on this forum for some more support, i have testers but none are on this forum if you want to test a pre alpha version, go ahead and ask. (OK maybe its a bit farther then pre-alpha)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:14:53 AM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2012, 06:56:35 AM »

Probably best to let praise come from others, not yourself, it just comes off as obnoxious.

Maybe post on rogue-like fan sites too, they're pretty niche regardless of graphics overall.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2012, 06:59:32 AM »

Good point, but i am getting praise from others, i dont want to sound like a self upsessed jerk, but i have been told that it is awsome by my testers. And good idea.

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 09:20:05 AM »

Personally it's the interface I usually don't like in such games, do you (plan to) have mouse controls like brogue?

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »

I thaught about that, but probbably not, if i do it will be limited to walking (and attacking) and looking

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »

Well one of my testers suggested more intricate looking rooms (cracks in the floor etc.) i like that idea.

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »

This isn't your twitter, only post major updates/bugfixes
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »

Meh.. he can post anything regarding his game as far as I'm concerned.
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »

a few screenshots of my game's recent updates, like weapons, more items, wielding anything (and in this case a kobold skull), path finding, more enemies:  kobolds, kobold champions etc.

yasd <yet another stupid death, i should have had a better weapon and went up instantly when i saw these guys

almost done with undead , soon will add a few enemies that have the tag "Raise dead" <-- looks like fun eh
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:25:05 AM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »

ive been reprogramming the combat systom since once i added pathfinding me and my testers always seem to get our butts kicked.  d&d style now, well with different stats and a better use for dexterity and some other differences. lost  a week of work though, due to trying out different combat systoms.

since im using this systom, i can now make a better use for aimed attacks ((A)ttack then  which direction then ->) Attacks avialble: Stab with Spear and Bash with spear) yep, seems fun eh?

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

ive been reprogramming the combat systom since once i added pathfinding me and my testers always seem to get our butts kicked.  d&d style now, well with different stats and a better use for dexterity and some other differences. lost  a week of work though, due to trying out different combat systoms.

since im using this systom, i can now make a better use for aimed attacks ((A)ttack then  which direction then ->) Attacks avialble: Stab with Spear and Bash with spear) yep, seems fun eh?

system has been fully implemented

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 11:37:17 AM »

ok guys i have added alot over the weekend, first a overworld with a town, and animals roaming the landscape and forests, trees and plains i have started on the faction systom, guards in the town attack creatures with the 'Beast' tag for instance and ignore those with the ishuman tag,  the overworld is procedurally generated though the starter town is static (though the landscape can be changed within it). The guards also attack players when they decide to attack the friendly humans with the directional attack, after you hit a human, guards and the human you attack become hostile and towns people become afraid who see you attack the other human) and when you walk into a friendly you swap places instead of hitting. The world is generated in chunks to make it more manageable, because the overworld can become HUGE. It still generates very quickly though, the enterance to the DUNGEOn you need to go to to continue the plot, is randomly placed in the overworld, i also added objectives (up to 7 at a time) and a way of looking at them)

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

When are you going to have this downloadable? You're talking about all these updates and changes and implementations but we can't sink our teeth into them and experience them!

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic