Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:27:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRogueLegends
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: RogueLegends  (Read 13103 times)
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 09:21:35 PM »

Add this to roguebasin when released, great platform to viral RLs
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »

Wink i already have a post on rogue temple and the moderator is interested in my game. it might be awhile before a release, though i will encourage my friend who does lp's to show off some stuff for me. when the time comes, and i just added skills ( roguishness, perception, and smoothness) and a way of looking at those as-well, will implement talking next. after which i will make it winnable, using my new objective system and put it out for download.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:08:11 PM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

You bash the Rat in the stomach with the banana
///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »

Made the overoworld a bit more interesting added signs you can read and so on. Im adding money and pickpocketing tonight, maybe even talk commands....

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »

i know i need to make the inventory display better now because of the long names.

Here's a screenshot of a super tiny part of the overworld (im in the middle), and in my inventory is a prize, that i got after killing a new NAMED creature, i also added lairs (caves where certain creatures live) (Note that the Overworld is randomly generated with 3 different biomes so far (plains, desert,and forest), like i said in my main post, the Overworld holds the  entrance to the dungeon somewhere (the entrance is randomly placed in the overworld, and you have to find it)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:18:58 PM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »

I'm still very uncomfortable with how the UI looks
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2012, 06:41:40 AM »

Realms have been finally added these are a BIG part of this game, and have been in the works for a while, realms are like side-dungeons /worlds which can be accessed from different Normal dungeon levels, these realms, are also randomly chosen for the dungeon so each time you play so you get different realms  on different levels, each play-through , and armor now changes your color, and new weapons and enemies added (for the realm) , realms play by different rules then normal dungeons, depending on the realm-type, they can be misty zombie apocalypses in a different time period for example. (all still procedurally generated)

note the huge differences from the main game
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:00:59 AM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »

WEll will hopefully add an explore command ( press x then you can click tiles to look at them) so that you dont have to be right next to them and look at them.After this i will add some basic talking mechanics (press T and choose a person to talk to thats on the screen by clicking) and you get the person saying one thing and you can reply with probabbly 2 things. after this i will add full conversations. the explore command TONIGHT..maybe.. if i have time. Shrug after this, comes the REALLY fun things, i enjoy designing monsters. :D

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »

Can't think of any roguelikes with full conversations (besides Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode). What will conversations do? Just lore and fluff, or will you get quests and tips/tricks from folks as well? (Maybe be able to convince people to follow you/stop attacking you?)

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »

My plan is to get people to give quests, thats the main thing, i also want players to get some funny comebacks from non-quest giving villagers (villagers of different races of course), they will also hopefully give you some info about the realm you are in (and maybe give you hints as to the different factions of the area). I like your idea of talking to people to get them to stop attacking you as-well, but that wont be till later on.

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »

quick update, explore command added Tongue talking will be worked on tomorrow

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »

I need your input at :

[link] http://roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=2757.0 [/link]

because someone asked if they could do music for my game, and i REALLY, like the idea. Its a poll

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »

I Have updated the game quite a bit, adding quests tonight.

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »

well quests will DEFINETLY be worked on tonight, since objctives already track the location of your objective and i have the convsersation system fully implemented, quests are the obvious next step, im going for more humor, i think the game takes itself too seriously so im going to make a few pointlessly (hilarious) side quests for you.

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »

Welp, i added the ability to do things that lead to you becomming a flesh crazed only flesh eating, werewolf  Evil

I also updated the dungeon, and added a new lair, and a couple new enemies and new armor.. and quests are being somewhat worked on (though im focusing on items and monsters right now)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:29:04 PM by Untrustedlife » Logged

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »

got all the disadvantages, advantages of all the melee weapons implemented, now to work more on creatures/realms/quests, sorry if this is becoming like a devlog, i just want to keep you guys updated 

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »

How is this coming along? I took a hiatus from TIGSource for a while, and it seems you took one almost as long!

sorry if this is becoming like a devlog
This IS a devlog, isn't it?  Tongue

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Untrustedlife
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »

How is this coming along? I took a hiatus from TIGSource for a while, and it seems you took one almost as long!

sorry if this is becoming like a devlog
This IS a devlog, isn't it?  Tongue

Ive been updating the game regularly, my devlog was temporarily moved to rogue temple, then i got addicted to skyrim, but im still working on it, in fact i might take a few nods from skyrim and add a day-night cycle a better disease system and books, im just about done with potions/potion identification and randomization. Dont worry im still working on this  Wink

@@@My Website@@@

///////////
The rat is struck down
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic