Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 02:28:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Is there a need for another game making tool?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Is there a need for another game making tool?  (Read 8229 times)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 06:00:44 PM »

Personally, I think that you better code some of those tools, at least the basic ones, and build your game around those, with some custom stuff on top. If you don't, all you'd be doing is showing off your programming expertise, not the capabilities of the software. It's good to have something to show as soon as possible, though, or you might run out of steam and drop the project, due to not getting actual results and user's reactions. People really interested might then start building more tools.

JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »

A Linux release at launch? I salute you, sir! Gentleman

Having a tool like this around will increase the number of games available on the platform by like, a lot. Good work.
rogerlevy
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »

A Linux release at launch? I salute you, sir! Gentleman

Having a tool like this around will increase the number of games available on the platform by like, a lot. Good work.

Actually, I'm going to be moving the codebase to the Factor language which happens to ALREADY run on Linux, so yup it will run on Linux, except now it will be a definite, rather than counting on the Linux port of SwiftForth being done.

Gotta love cross-platform code.

I'm gonna update my blog in, like, a second.  I haven't done anything with the actual code for months, but the project is still in the works.   Hand Metal Left Smiley Hand Metal Right
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2009, 08:00:08 AM »

Holy shit, Factor. I wrote some code in that a while back. It's a fascinating language, though a bit hard to get started with. Looking forward to see what you do with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic