Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 11:14:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHeli Havoc (web player)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heli Havoc (web player)  (Read 795 times)
whendricso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »

Gentleman Good day!

So, I've been working on this side project in addition to my main project. And, I have produced a brief demo to show off the game play.  Hand Any KeySmiley

If I need to explain the controls here, I've done something wrong!

Let me know what you think...

http://techdrone.com/HeliHavoc/HeliHavoc.html

Thanks  Grin

Founder or Tech Drone
Creators matter!

Programmer of MultiGame, make Unity games WAY faster!!
https://www.techdrone.com/multigamedocumentation
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 07:11:24 PM »

Do you happen to have an .exe version? The web player is taking soooo long to load.

nucleartide
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 09:46:22 PM »

Pretty neat! :D

I like how the music evokes a "saving the day"-type feeling.

The instructions could be more clear. Here's what I read on the first level:

Welcome! Arrow Keys, or WASD to f[SCORE -1 / 1000]

I wasn't too sure if a right click extended the water bucket, or drew the water bucket in. It seemed like holding right click would extend the bucket out fully, then draw it back fully, like a ping pong effect.

whendricso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »

Hey thanks for the great feedback so far!

We have tried using right click and hold for the bucket to stay out, but some players (especially younger and older ones) were having trouble getting the bucket to work this way.

So, we added space bar as a one-button use of the bucket, and made the right click a toggle.

I'll take another look at the fire mission billboard and clear up the instructions a bit.

But, how does the use of the bucket feel? And, is there enough appropriate feedback for the other mission types?

Thanks again!

Founder or Tech Drone
Creators matter!

whendricso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »

Do you happen to have an .exe version? The web player is taking soooo long to load.

OK, we don't actually have an .exe for it (the first download of the game will take just as long anyways). But, thanks for the feedback, I'll look into web player streaming for this one to reduce that loading time.

Would you mind posting your computer specs, total loading time, and network speed so we can compare it against others? This would help a lot!

Founder or Tech Drone
Creators matter!

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »

Sure no problem  Grin:
Intel i5-2500k
GTX 560 1GB
8gb 1600mhz ram
1TB HDD

It took 3 minutes and 5 seconds, and here is my speedtest results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3199819680

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »

Hey, I just gave it a go. It's actually pretty fun.

Here are some thoughts right after playing:

• I second what nucleartide said about the instructions. Maybe moving the score bar slightly higher and to the right so that you can read the instructions right away. Once you start flying, you can see the text, but I think it'd be better if the player could read the full sentence before starting.
  • I would also prefer the landing spots to be a little clearer. Could you maybe make it a decal on the actual mesh of the building, instead of a visual superimposed on the screen? The perspective difference between the visual of the feet and the buildings made it really difficult for me to see exactly where the landing position was supposed to be.
  • I think the second camera image on the bottom right is a little too big, and actually blocks out the player's view quite a bit. I'd recommend maybe moving it to the upper right, where there's more sky and less buildings.

Hope this helps!

joe_eyemobi
Level 3

Fledgling Indie Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:09:48 PM »

This is quite a cool little game!  It reminds me of an old game called Choplifter, without the blowing up parts.  I agree with the above post that the "preview screen" blocks out my vision in the lower right.  Also I played a couple of levels, but they seemed quite similar.  Do enemies and other obstacles come along later in the game?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic