Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411660 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 02:55:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEuropean Revival
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: European Revival  (Read 589 times)
Akhera
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2014, 07:41:54 AM »

Summary
European Revival is a strategic game taking place in post-apocalyptic Europe destroyed by nuclear war in 1985.

Your goal is to take control of one of the surviving towns and rebuild and reunite your country and eventually Europe either through trade and diplomacy or conquest.

In a post-nuclear world, resources and means of production are quite important. That's why the game has heavy emphasis on managing economy - agriculture, mining, industry and trade between cities.

Screenshots

Feedback
Currently, the game is an early prototype still in the process of "finding the fun". Only the economic part is playable, with no AI countries and no means of waging war. Because economy management is the central part of this game, I need your feedback to make it accessible, comprehensible and fun.

Mostly I need your feedback concerning the design of gameplay, information provided to the player and general accessibility.

Download
You can find the build HERE

It's an XNA game, so you need XNA framework installed in order to run it. If you have XNA, just go to the application files folder and run the exe. If you don't, just run the setup to let XNA install.

Additional info
  • Right click to dismiss any menu or message.
  • Hold F1 for help.
  • Ruins can be salvaged for resources.
  • Currently, the game has no goal. Just imagine that your goal is to provide all population needs for everyone on the map. If you manage to do this, you can pat yourself on the back Smiley
  • I accidentally left the map editor in this build. You can use it to make your own map or cheat if you figure out how to use it Smiley
  • The prototype map is based on west Bohemia with some artistic license Smiley

Thank you very much for any kind of feedback!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:16:25 AM by Akhera » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:47:11 AM »

tabletop boardgame is always interesting, but I don't really want to have to deal with all those grey windows

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Akhera
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:50:00 AM »

Those are just placeholders. I don't want to spend time making fancy UI graphics when I'm still not decided on the UI's layout
samazure
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 07:46:57 PM »

I liked the idea about it, nicely done btw; still I had a hard time trying to understand how to do almost everything on the game, I understand it is still on development so I'll only wait for future versions with a better understanding of the mechanichs. Keep up the good work.  Smiley
Akhera
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 12:09:48 AM »

Thank you, samazure. Could you just, please, elaborate what exactly you had problems with?
Never mind. I made a new version with help screens. Hold F1 for help. Link is updated in the original post
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:16:44 AM by Akhera » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic