Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411664 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 06:12:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCubeDrop. Alpha is a go! :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CubeDrop. Alpha is a go! :D  (Read 732 times)
TeddyGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:22:48 PM »

Hello all you beautiful people. I am TeddyNashor and I have been slaving away on this new game called cubedrop. It is an isometric puzzle game that will totally challenge your 3D metal comprehension and recognition, as you rotate your world and "drop" through the changing gravity.

In addition to the levels that I have made (many more to come soon), You can create your own levels and share them with your friends along with browsing the catalog for other player created levels, ALL IN GAME!

The alpha version is available for download at My website: http://www.teddygaming.com/cubedrop/DL/CubeDrop.rar OR at dropBox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cw5v3nknqivny11/CubeDrop.rar

And a youtube video that has my voice explaining my current stage with the game and shows a time-lapsed level-editor and a bit of me playing the level I just made.

*THIS IS ALPHA, lots more work to do, but want to get some early feedback!*

So anyway feel free to give it a try and tell me what you think!
cheers -Teddy
twitter: @TeddyNashor
pzuriz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:20:22 AM »

hi ted I downloaded and tested the game, (I have to say that Im not a game expert, just an average player  Wink ) I liked the concept, all that gravity changes and those objects like the buttoms and the teleporter, and the level editor is a great idea too. But it make me feel dizzy after a while and sometimes it was difficult to calculate the distance and position of some blocks. Also found a few bugs but like you said is alpha.

I like the start! I totally will try the upcoming versions!
TeddyGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 11:50:06 PM »

hi ted I downloaded and tested the game, (I have to say that Im not a game expert, just an average player  Wink ) I liked the concept, all that gravity changes and those objects like the buttoms and the teleporter, and the level editor is a great idea too. But it make me feel dizzy after a while and sometimes it was difficult to calculate the distance and position of some blocks. Also found a few bugs but like you said is alpha.

I like the start! I totally will try the upcoming versions!

Hey thanks so much for the feedback!  I have gotten a lot of people saying that is was difficult to calculate where to drop off the side of a ledge because of the isometric camera.  So that is totally a problem I need to address. I was thinking of just making you traverse the world as first person camera.  Also I think that might help with the "dizzy" feeling of seeing the world flip around so much.  Seriously thanks a ton for the feedback, tbh, getting it from an "average player" is the best Smiley
pzuriz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »

no problem! im glad it helped you
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic