Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411661 Posts in 69396 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 04:15:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe One Fork Restaurant [LD28 - Post-compo Released + Android]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The One Fork Restaurant [LD28 - Post-compo Released + Android]  (Read 540 times)
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »

As the LD28 competitions ended, I've just released a post-compo version of my game "The One Fork Restaurant". It's a kind of “time-management” game. It takes place in a restaurant where people come to eat various meals, but the restaurant only have one fork, so customers have to share it!

When the customers are waiting for the fork, they start to get bored, and may leave the restaurant if they wait for too long. Eating gives them a little relief, so each time they eat, they’ll be able to wait a little longer afterwards. You have to swap the fork as often as needed so every customer can enjoy (and finish) his meal!

Since the compo, I've been polishing and improving the game, alongside with an Android port. You can play both version here:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 09:36:55 AM by Dr. LudoS » Logged

The One Fork Restaurant DX : DevLog - Play current beta version
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:37:09 AM »

Also, in the Ludum Dare 28 compo results, the game reached #4 in theme category, so thanks to those of you who voted for it! Smiley

almightyzentaco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »

Cool little game. Interesting concept, but honestly, it kind of made me gag. The idea of sharing a fork with a restaurant full of people is pretty gross.  Grin

Good work on the compo, and congrats on finishing with high marks!
Dr. LudoS
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »

Cool little game. Interesting concept, but honestly, it kind of made me gag. The idea of sharing a fork with a restaurant full of people is pretty gross.  Grin

Thanks for your feedback! Smiley

Regarding the hygiene situation of this restaurant, one of the idea I had to enrich the gameplay (but couldn't make it in compo-time) was to ask the player to wash the fork between clients (e.g. to move it to into a water bowl on a table or something like that). Maybe for a sequel!

And the funny thing is I actually got the game idea while washing my dishes... I wonder if there is some sort of "I hate doing dishes" connection here Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic