Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411616 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 08:47:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam: Winnipeg *Registration Is Up!*
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam: Winnipeg *Registration Is Up!*  (Read 36366 times)
KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2010, 05:08:39 AM »

You can put me on the list too.

My name is Evan Harasem and my dried up old crusty website is http://www.littleghosties.com/ (Yes, need to update it one of these days.) and I would be considered a local Manitoban.

Thanks.  Gentleman

Also my tshirt form has been filled out.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:12:25 AM by KM » Logged

RabTom
Level 0

Programmer Extrodinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2010, 06:53:05 AM »

Filled out my form Gentleman
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »

You can check out the new t-shirt design here: http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/tigjam-winnipeg-t-shirts/

Cost of tshirt is included in your registration fee.  Gentleman

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »

I sent the form, but I accidentally hit small instead of medium. I resubmitted it as medium, but not sure if that would remove my previous form submission... So.. if there's a duplicate entry, except for the t-shirt size, just remove the "small" one.  Embarrassed

Cheers!  Smiley

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »

I sent the form, but I accidentally hit small instead of medium. I resubmitted it as medium, but not sure if that would remove my previous form submission... So.. if there's a duplicate entry, except for the t-shirt size, just remove the "small" one.  Embarrassed

No worries, if we see duplicates we'll use the latest entry.

ChevyRay
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »

Hey, is there any chance that anybody has some extra cash I could borrow to make this event? Sad Sounds pretty moochy, but I'm working my ass off on a contract job right now, and I get paid $6000 at the end of this month, but I almost certainly won't have the money in time to purchase my ticket and travel fare. I really really really want to make this event, and I only have about $200 to my name right now so I can cover a chunk of the cost.

I don't think I've wanted to make it to an event so bad before, so I was really distrought when I found out that I'll be missing it because my pay is coming a few days too late, and have been quite down about it the last couple days.

Anyways, PM me or email me ([email protected]) if anybody wants to be my savior. <3 If not, it's all good and I hope you guys have a great time!

EDIT: By "borrow" I DO mean that I will pay back too, as soon as possible. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:30:03 PM by ChevyRay » Logged
ChevyRay
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »

Okay awesome! Thanks to a few Paypal donations, I've raised about $50 now, which puts me at about $250. I don't know much about booking flights, but Air Canada tells me there's a $199 Tango trip on the 28th while browsing the round-trips to return on the 31st. Does that mean it's a round-trip for that fare or is that just one way? I know embarrasingly little about flights, I've only been on a plane about 2-3 times in my life Embarrassed

EDIT: Okay I read a little bit harder and that's $199 each way at the cheapest it seems. I might be able to pull this off... It seems that it'll come to about $520 for the flight. I could take the Greyhound and land the trip at about $344 instead though, which is significantly cheaper, and I'm not too proud to take the painfully long bus ride :D

EDIT: Alright, so I need about $150 more to pay for the round-trip and give me the minimum amount to cover other various costs (eat food? bah who needs it!) I might yet be able to make this.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:52:54 PM by ChevyRay » Logged
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2010, 02:01:47 AM »

Whoah!! Chevy, man, we have some money to help out with airfare! Don't go broke getting here!!  Shocked Hand Point Right  Hand Money LeftWizard

Email the Alec, we will help out <3
ChevyRay
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2010, 02:45:16 AM »

Well, thanks to the generosity Terry, Radix, Sereneworx, Jordan, Ted, and Justin, I've raised $375 in donations, which completely covers the busfare! That saves my own money for the TIGJam ticket and food. Wizard If you guys have spare travel money and want to bump that up to fly me in, that'd be awesome, but totally isn't necessary; it's a day-long trip by bus, but will totally be worth it. There might be someone else who needs it Smiley

EDIT: And don't worry about me going broke Cheesy I've been ass-broke for 3 years! I like to think of it as a way of life, not a condition Grin
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »

You should shoot us an email, and let us know how much your flight might cost. In all likelihood we can cover it. (or at least, help cover it)

-> [email protected]

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2010, 09:00:57 AM »

If you haven't registered, now is the time. We're ordering t-shirts in a day or two, and if we don't know your sizes, you might not get one that fits!

Sign up here, and you should get a form emailed to you with important information to fill out. Smiley http://tigjamwpg.eventbrite.com/

Shaun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »

I don't think I'll be able to register until Thursday at the earliest, due to not having any money online.
ChevyRay
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2010, 03:12:37 PM »

Registered. Smiley
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »

Registered. Smiley

Oh SHIT.
ChevyRay
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2010, 04:00:41 PM »

I'm confused with the online form. It asks for my arrival/departure dates and possibly a flight number, and then asks me if I need help with travel costs (which I do). What do I do? Because I won't know my flight until I can get the money together to purchase it... should I just write down the flight that I plan on taking?

ah, that's what I'll do.

@xerus: You bet your beans, Oh SHIT!
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2010, 04:51:15 PM »

I made some money recently and was about to sign up for this but it turns out I'm moving into a new place the weekend of the jam. Can't make it, but have fun everyone! Beer! I'll be there in spirit.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »

ah, that's what I'll do.

Yeah, just email us and tell us what's up or make it clear on the form what's going on, it's all good.

ChevyRay
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »

I filled out the form! Smiley Good thing, too. I'm tiny (BUT I HAVE A BIG HEART), and even a medium shirt'd be too big for me. Anyways, the cheapest in-flight I can get is on the 27th at 10PM, which is pretty ugly :/ but all my other options were $50-100 more expensive, and the other cheap option came in on the middle of the day on the 29th, which is pretty lame. Anyways, $200 should cover what I need to cover the round trip (if you guys are able to provide that with your travel funds) combined with what I got, and that'll leave me at least with the clothes on my back. :D

So excited!
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2010, 08:19:52 PM »

Sweet, do you need $$ in advance, or can we pay you when you get here?

PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »

Hey guys, I am finding this pretty irresistable. So much so that I can't even spell irresisteble.

Two questions, apologies if these were in the thread and I missed it:

- Can I register now even if I will maybe not be able to make it? Or will that really mess things up for you guys?
- What are the accomodation options? I also can't spell accomedation. Like is there a nearby hostel or maybe we can just sleep on the floor at the studio or...? Maybe just not sleep at all, like Chevy! Lately I'm not far from it, actually...
- What's the best times to plan for? Like if I have to leave at 7pm on Sunday night will I miss stuff? Like is there going to be a pillow fight on Sunday night starting at 7:15, followed by a meeting with the past governor general Adrienne Clarkson and her good friend David Suzuki who will award us medals? I wouldn't want to miss this and I know it happened last year...

My options are like, fly in Friday AM, bum around Winnipeg or hang out with some cool game developer dudes (dudettes?) then fly out Sunday PM (or Monday AM) which is going to cost about $500.

... or Greyhound it in on Friday AM to PM, and back Monday AM to PM. This looks to be about $300.

I don't really mind the Greyhound though I have a weird feeling my wife will rather if I take the plane.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic