Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411624 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 06:19:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)help plz... flash 8 to cs4
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: help plz... flash 8 to cs4  (Read 1741 times)
Sigma
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2009, 02:17:59 AM »

Hi guys,
     I worked on an as2 project(flash Cool and then i saved the file in cs4, did all the art integration on cs4 only. the problem is whenever i'm compiling the project for the second time it is crashing. After it got crash, flash was closed but in task manager it was running. If i delete the swf file when flash file was opened after first compile; fla is crashing...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 02:46:12 AM by Sigma » Logged

bo7soly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »

I was talking to a Flash developer last night and he had similar issues where Flash would crash and blue screen his system - 64 bit windows. Maybe it's something to do with 64 bit windows

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »

It's not the 64-bit version.  Adobe gave us a glitchy, buggy CS4 and is fixing it the way Adobe always fixes things - by selling us CS5.

Sigma
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »

I tried the same file in lot of system nothing helps....

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »

It might be the Flash file itself.  Try copying the layers and movieclips from the first file and pasting them into a new file.

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »

Hi guys,
     I worked on an as2 project(flash Cool and then i saved the file in cs4, did all the art integration on cs4 only. the problem is whenever i'm compiling the project for the second time it is crashing. After it got crash, flash was closed but in task manager it was running. If i delete the swf file when flash file was opened after first compile; fla is crashing...

A lot of weirdness came out with CS4, but one of the biggest and sneakiest issues was that CS4 can no longer handle Fonts as well as CS3 and previous versions. There are a lot of complaints about this on the net.

Double check your fonts.. try removing any non-standard ones temporarily.. one of them may be the culprit.
Sigma
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 05:02:49 AM »

after system restore it is working...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic