Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 03:35:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Homebrew: Creator's Club
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Homebrew: Creator's Club  (Read 10273 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 05:37:41 AM »

I've started working on gam for Megadrive, I got the map and parallax scrolling working but then I got bored . I also realized it would be a lot of work to have a complete game.
I don't even have time to work seriously on a game for assemblee Sad.
I might finish it one day, I'd like to make a homebrew once, I'd also like to to be a billionnaire.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 08:33:27 AM »

Atari 2600 has a BASIC compiler, add that to the list. Super awesome.

Also, no PSP emulator, unfortunately. No good working one, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:40:06 AM by Hideous » Logged

Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »

this sounds interesting, I'd like to register my interest henceforth  Gentleman

Most excellent, topic thread will be up shortly!

I've started working on gam for Megadrive, I got the map and parallax scrolling working but then I got bored . I also realized it would be a lot of work to have a complete game.
I don't even have time to work seriously on a game for assemblee Sad.
I might finish it one day, I'd like to make a homebrew once, I'd also like to to be a billionnaire.

Yeah this is definitely not a club for finishing games or getting even close. The goal here is to learn some new systems, make some fun stuff, and spread the knowledge. Emu developing for old systems is sort of black magic to a lot of people, so I think its important there are at least a few of us that try it out again and see what we can come up with Smiley

salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:41 PM »

technically this isn't homebrew, but I am trying to get the wiimote IR sensor to work with one of my robots.

It's actually a pretty amazing little doodad - it tracks 4 IR "blobs" at 1024x768 resolution. considering how tiny the camera is, it becomes pretty friggin impressive.

In that vain I suggest any wii owner here to check out Wiibrew.
Absurdist
Level 0

Waiting for VBLANK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 09:51:01 PM »

Hmm, I'm learning GBA programming. A while ago I actually hacked together a playable game, now I working on understanding what I did  Wink
roboprez
Level 1

Got to love them pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 11:47:50 PM »

I'm suprised that the wii isn't very popular among you guys. I mean you can safely softmod your system in a few minutes for free.
As someone mentioned before wiibrew is a great resorce. It's probably the best homebrew community for a console.

Yea if Ima going to do any homebrewing it'll be for either wii/ds. I don't really have much experiance in c++ but, any start's a good start. I also hear that the wii sdl port is working well so that could be very usefull

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »

Oh, don't get me wrong at all. I am definitely down with some Wiibrew fo-shizzle Tongue

Seriously though, I would be all over that with a quickness. I should be getting a Wii here pretty soon too.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 07:51:14 AM »

I made this awhile ago with Adam Atomic on the sprites:

http://www.ivansafrin.com/INVADE2.NES

I should work on it some more some day.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »

I made this awhile ago with Adam Atomic on the sprites:

http://www.ivansafrin.com/INVADE2.NES

I should work on it some more some day.

Yeah! Adam showed me this a few months ago, looked pretty awesome. Have you read about how to do NES horizontal and vertical scrolling? Its insane! But so freaking cool. I've done a few demos, including a fixed-16 physics demo:

http://cthulhu32.kraln.com/nesdev/physics/physics.0.1.nes

press I think its A to make it bounce up again, and the y value wraps around. The code is actually very simple, when we hit the NES on the HCC monthly challenge, I'll make sure that you get a message.

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2010, 11:51:54 AM »

I plan on getting a Wii, but right now I'm moving a lot so it won't be before a handful of months...how easily can one develop for it and run the result on emulator?
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »

I plan on getting a Wii, but right now I'm moving a lot so it won't be before a handful of months...how easily can one develop for it and run the result on emulator?

There is a Wii emulator called Dolphin-Emu, you need a beefy machine to run it. Unfortunately the homebrew support is still slightly wonky, Bushing is trying to fix it and he has homebrew dols loading, but some people are reporting only getting sound and no video. So if Bushing gets that up to 100%, the latest SVN Dolphin-Emu will run your results just fine.

As for compiling, its extremely easy. The Devkitpro installer works great - http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/Automated%20Installer/  or if you click show files, you can install it in Linux manually. In Windows, after you run the installer and have libogc and devkitppc installed, you just create a custom bat file and you should be compiling your DOLs in no time.

Sos
Level 8

I make bad games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »

I made a game for Atari 2600 for assembly recently:)
here it is

CatStack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »

I tried to write a software 2D refraction effect shader for the dreamcast once. It was uh, very blue. I still don't know why. I one day intend to make an epic 3D adventure game and port it to the dreamcast. It will be great. Give it a couple of years though.

I just spent the last half hour trying to find it so I could screenshot it in all its glory.

Also sorry for the FRAPS. >>

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic