Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 11:56:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRifts
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rifts  (Read 740 times)
zerosimms
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »

So here it is, the game I've been tinkering with for the last few days. It's not a new concept of mine, I did something like this a few months back and now decided I want to take it a bit further.

I've spent some time trying to come up with a goal and that goal at the moment is to get the key to the gate as quickly as you can collecting gems along the way!

I'm not sure if it will stay like this, I'm still tinkering. You'll notice in the game that you can create rift's in time and space (portals) that allow you to travel to tagged areas; also later in the video I start flipping gravity. These tools will become collectable along the way making achieving higher scores much easier.

Anyway, I'm not tying anything down at this stage. Oh, and yes the graphics are heavily inspired by Fez but the gameplay isn't :-)

Anyway I hope you enjoy the little video:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:40:26 AM by zerosimms » Logged
zerosimms
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:00:58 AM »

I added antigravity to the game today :-)

This is really fun and introduces more puzzel solving solutions, currently it can be switched on and off, but I may change this so that it is time based running down once it's turned on to add a bit of pressure.

I'm also toying with the idea of having baddies that you can kill in a variety of ways, I want to encourage experimentation and exploration, part of me is thinking I should extend the levels making them much larger but then again I like being restricted to the little area as it means I can focus more on the puzzels and not just "filling space"

I'm trying to think of another "power" that can be used to mix things up, I want to avoid "bullet time" as it's done to death but I want something along those lines. Anyway here is a little video of my progress! (I'm aware of the big old collision detection bug at the end of it :-))

zerosimms
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:19 PM »

Keeping this update really short because 'Back to the future' is on TV :-)

Been spending a bit of time on my controls, trying to tighten them up I still feel they need a bit more work but they are getting there, getting better!

I've started to introduce the story and I'm currently working on introducing a little spirit guy that will feed you the story as you play through the game.

The story itself is coming on well.

Ive also been playing around tidying up some of the assets and collision detection, again it's getting better but still more work is needed.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic