Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 09:25:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Swarm
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Swarm  (Read 735 times)
GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »

The Swarm

Description

The Swarm is a sidescrolling tower defence (think Plants vs Zombies) game in development.  I'll be posting about it over the next few weeks as development ramps into gear and (hopefully) completes just as quickly.

The player must strategically place human and automated defences in a grid to defend against waves of hostile alien bugs.  New units, unlocks, upgrades to research... all that good stuff will be present.

As it's a Flash game, the goal of the project is to seek a sponsor before releasing for free across the web.

Progress Overview

30 November, 2012

Overall, concepts have been finalized and production is beginning.  Some groundwork code has been laid out.  Numerous characters, both friendly and hostile, have been created but animation has not yet begun.  The game mechanics should take form over the weekend.

Team

Game Design and Programming
A. Scott McCallum (www.grozzler.com)

Art
Kandi Maciejewski (www.artbykandles.com)

Audio
John Hughes (www.twune.com)

Media

Some friendly units:

Some hostile alien bugs:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:26:58 PM by GroZZleR » Logged

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 07:33:03 PM »

Had a very productive first day of real development.  I laid the groundwork for all the major systems of the game: the grid, unit placement, spawning and AI.  The only thing missing is the resource system so you can currently place an unlimited amount of units.

Tomorrow's objective is get everybody a fussin' and a feudin'.

Here's a shot of the AI walking forwards and stopping in attack range of the units:

Oh yeah!  All the bugs lack their heads because the art is swappable and I haven't added 'em.

GroZZleR
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »

Unfortunately today I didn't do much programming work because I was stuck working on something else.

Kandi, the artist, did a great job of laying out a lot of the animations today though.

Here's some gifs:

A little rough around the edges but with some tweaks they should look great.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic