Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411667 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 08:22:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMegaman 9 is 8-bit and on wiiware!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Megaman 9 is 8-bit and on wiiware!  (Read 15428 times)
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 03:15:20 PM »

Yeah, Megaman Legends was really nice, but I think revealing the history of the reaverbots killed their enigma. I'd love to see a MML game where you're just a digger who run around like in Nethack/Diablo/Azure dreams. What's that genre called... where you have a home town close to a dungeon that you can raid?

I didn't like the SNES megamans at all (X?), mainly because of those stupid kid's-design cone feet! The character designs feel overall haphazard too, especially the colorful armour trim.

If they do make it in the style of the NES games, I hope they make him silent. Hate to see him running around going WAAHOOO IT'SA ME, MARIO! It just causes me to disassociate with the character.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »

This looks like its going to be amazing, but I thought they already had a 9. Maybe not. If they're going to make this im interested to see what kind of other old school games they might make. Maybe a new zelda? Also, the cover art for this new game better have a retarded looking version of megaman with a stupid gun and a dopey looking facial expression.

I didn't like the SNES megamans at all (X?)

I thought the snes mega man Xs were amazing. The playstations ones, not so much. After they started making him part of a "maverick" hunting team it got pretty stupid. It was better when it was just X and Zero (before he became a jedi and got a lightsaber).

Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »

Here's the Japanese cover for Megaman 1. OK, but could've been better. I was going to do my own but failed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rockman_Japan.jpg
Border
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 06:57:18 PM »

that it i'm buying a WII just to play that game. ( no i dont have one yet...*sigh*)

Available for Freelance
Tatsu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »

Apparently this is done by the specific team that developed the GBA Megaman Zero games.

I'm hopeful that they do "cheat" and pull off some interesting effects that the NES wouldn't technically be able to do. If it doesn't have an interesting twist then it won't be very different from Megaman 4-7.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »

WIN.
EPIC WIN.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 11:04:26 PM »

How is this 'win' at all? Didn't we have enough with 6 of these games already? How isn't this just lazy and pandering? There's a difference between making an interesting game with a retro aesthetic and just making the same thing that was made 6 times already, two decades ago.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 06:05:15 AM »

It has come to my attention that there is a "rumor" out that there is a mega man boss called Splash Woman. This is obviously wrong and it makes me sick even thinking about it because ALL battle robots are men. There was obviously a typo somewhere, the real boss name is Splashwo Man.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:14:08 AM by HandCraftedRadio » Logged

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 06:33:52 AM »

I bet it's Megaman's Birdo.
medieval
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »

They should definitely add  Cave Story to WiiWare
increpare
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »

It has come to my attention that there is a "rumor" out that there is a mega man boss called Splash Woman. This is obviously wrong and it makes me sick even thinking about it because ALL battle robots are men. There was obviously a typo somewhere, the real boss name is Splashwo Man.

I think it'd be pretty great to have a megawoman game, where all of the bosses are lady-bosses, and where the big bad babe at the end is called Doctoress Clitera, or something like that.
Carefree games
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »

I'm exited yet dissapointed at the same time. Concrete Man? Plug Man? Splash Woman? CRAP! I can think of better names that that in my sleep. This seems like(If it's even real.) it will turn out to be another MM3.
gamer4Life
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 09:14:36 AM »

I think it'd be pretty great to have a megawoman game, where all of the bosses are lady-bosses, and where the big bad babe at the end is called Doctoress Clitera, or something like that.

:D

This is a pretty crazy idea.  Imagine what will happen if its really successful.

Although, I just remembered that remake of the original mega man that they did.  I guess this is just a further step into retro territory for Capcom...
increpare
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2008, 10:23:30 AM »

This is a pretty crazy idea.  Imagine what will happen if its really successful.
An end to gender inequality you say?  No doubt.

Although, I just remembered that remake of the original mega man that they did. 
You mean the playstation ones?  (they did all of the old nes and snes ones for that, didn't they?)
hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 10:38:46 AM »

New infos and pics are up:

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/mega-man-9-wiiware/preview/mega-man-9-exclusive-reveal/a-20080702154756565049/g-20080626165055938021

You're also able to remove his helmet and play the game with Mega's black hair flowing free.

SOLD

Seth
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

I'm exited yet dissapointed at the same time. Concrete Man? Plug Man? Splash Woman? CRAP! I can think of better names that that in my sleep. This seems like(If it's even real.) it will turn out to be another MM3.

They're simply carrying on in the great tradition of Wood Man and Bubble Man
Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »

I've been working on an all female MM 1-6-mix remake for a decade or so, but I don't have much online. I really want to resume work on the project now though.

Here's a MM1 cover I've been noodling on the last few days.
Still kinda poop

I'm not sure what to think about MM 9. I was hoping for just NES-ish graphics and then crazy complex gameplay (like destructible tiles, enemy gibs, persistent world simulation), but it seems they're going for classic gameplay with a few extras and polish. I'd certainly buy it though, if I had a Wii, but I'm not sure if I'd buy a Wii for it. I would if they had gone DF on MM's ass.
increpare
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 02:40:37 PM »

I've been working on an all female MM 1-6-mix remake for a decade or so, but I don't have much online. I really want to resume work on the project now though.
Hah! Fantastic  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

(I'm not too convinced about the breast-shading)

A lot of music is right out of Mega Man 2.
That's a bit lame.  Isn't it?

Sliding was also MIA,
Potentially lame.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

New infos and pics are up:

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/mega-man-9-wiiware/preview/mega-man-9-exclusive-reveal/a-20080702154756565049/g-20080626165055938021

You're also able to remove his helmet and play the game with Mega's black hair flowing free.

SOLD
BAD LINK

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
PenguinHat
Level 1

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »

That's a point, has there ever been a black robot master?

I doubt it, with the whole made in Japan thing I doubt it, but I might as well ask.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic