Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 02:32:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMore teasing pages!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: More teasing pages!  (Read 6146 times)
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »

Just one thing, though: do you reckon they'll 3D it up, as they did with FF4?

I hope to the gods they don't. I need mah pixels. If they kept the 2D pixel look while maybe improving colors and animations it'd be sweet.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ChevyRay
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »

I doubt so. 3D was a step up for FF4's graphics, but I doubt Chrono Trigger's beautiful pixels couldn't be topped by 3D at that res.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 11:56:35 PM »

I doubt so. 3D was a step up for FF4's graphics, but I doubt Chrono Trigger's beautiful pixels couldn't be topped by 3D at that res.

While I agree and would prefer a 2D remake, too (touched up graphics or not), I would be curious to see how they'd pull a 3D remake off.
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 05:17:37 AM »

I would be curious to see how they'd pull a 3D remake off.
seconded.

i kind of really like low end 3d when its done well
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »

I haven't played Chrono Trigger, so I can't really get too worked up.

I have played both Golden Sun games, though, and those are games that I really want to be sequel'd.
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »

I have played both Golden Sun games, though, and those are games that I really want to be sequel'd.

golden sun was fantastic!
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 11:08:59 PM »

extra content.

That already makes it worth it for me.

Its just one new dungeon and wifi battles.
Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »

Yeah, it is a bit weak if they don't give it a graphical overhaul, 2D or 3D (sure, they were pretty pixels, but they could be better).

Zelda: A Link to the Past + Four Swords for the gba had a whole new freaking game, plus an extra dungeon in the port of a link to the past. Sheesh Tongue

It seems they've already made a port for the playstation, with yer standard insert-cutscenes, so, except for the novelty of playing it on a handheld, I don't really find this that exciting.

That is, unless... graphical overhaul! (which they're not doing?)

edit:okay, there is an aspect which I do find exciting, and that is that they're touching a much loved game again after 8 years? Hopefully this means neat things for the franchise. A small and logical part of me wants them to leave the game peacefully, and another part says 'milk it till it's dry! I'm a hungry fan-boy!'--which Square-Enix is more than likely to do.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:51:41 PM by Pita » Logged

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 09:31:17 AM »

It is a sprite-for-sprite port.
The Japanese site is up.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 12:03:58 PM »

Woohoo! Total letdown!
godsavant
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 02:09:27 PM »

Shocked

*Triple orgasm*

WTF

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:57 AM »

I would be curious to see how they'd pull a 3D remake off.
seconded.

i kind of really like low end 3d when its done well

I was thinking that, but as Melly and others mentioned, Chrono Trigger does have some wonderfully characterful artwork.  Tiny polygons just can't produce that level of expression yet.  Remember that lovely scene of them all sleeping by the camp fire?  I just can't see that being done as well in 3D.

Also, I fully agree with re-releasing old games, even without revamps or extra content.  One of the weird things about games compared to, like, books and movies, is that we forget our past.  I can walk into a shop and buy a film by Charlie Chaplin on DVD, but if I want to buy Metal Gear Solid 1, I'll have to try and find it second-hand, and then I'll have to find a PS1 or Windows 98 PC to play it on.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »

Also, I fully agree with re-releasing old games, even without revamps or extra content.  One of the weird things about games compared to, like, books and movies, is that we forget our past.  I can walk into a shop and buy a film by Charlie Chaplin on DVD, but if I want to buy Metal Gear Solid 1, I'll have to try and find it second-hand, and then I'll have to find a PS1 or Windows 98 PC to play it on.

Well, thats a bit of a bad example because you can play Metal Gear Solid 1 on a PS2, and they just rereleased it, but on the whole, I agree with you.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
godsavant
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »

It's just I was hoping for a sequel
Yeah, I think a sequel would have been much better Sad

But I'll take it Beer!

A wild hope, but Square Enix may just be testing the waters after a long down period with this remake, to see if there is still a fanbase for the Chrono franchise. This probably explains why they're going out of their way to keep the graphics and music old-school;  they're seeing if the fans that rabidly bought and imported Chrono Trigger in the 90's are still willing to do it now. If it sells well, they'll probably do a full-blown sequel.

Which would be AWESOME.
McAndrews
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 08:46:34 PM »

I think my main reason to play it, and rebuy a ds (lost it), would be the good port.  I played the ps1 version, and they messed it up.  Big time.  The battle load times were horrible.  So when they fix that, I would be much more inclined to play the game to completion.
By the way, in my opinion ChronoCross had the best combat system I've every played in a rpg.  I loved it.  And no one else has done anything close to it since.  (I think so, maybe I'm wrong.) But the story and characters turned me off so much, I didn't finish it.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic