Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411667 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 08:54:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBest Zelda Ever...
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Best Zelda Ever...  (Read 6570 times)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 09:33:17 AM »

Terranigma is one of my favorite games of all time.
I tried it, I just couldn't get into it, I think my enjoyment of that type of game peaked 12 years ago, which is weird, as that is a type of game I'm kinda sorta making.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »

Terranigma is one of my favorite games of all time.
I tried it, I just couldn't get into it, I think my enjoyment of that type of game peaked 12 years ago, which is weird, as that is a type of game I'm kinda sorta making.
I once thought about a mix of that type of game and the Metroidvania type of games.
Then I realized that would basically mean Zelda.
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 09:39:57 AM »

What did ya'll think of Phantom Hourglass? I've been playing it on the way to work for the past month or so.

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
acidBatterie
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 09:44:11 AM »

phantom hourglass was very good but i still prefer link's awakening dx
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »

What did ya'll think of Phantom Hourglass? I've been playing it on the way to work for the past month or so.
I beat it, it seemed to lack epic scale like other Zelda games, but I thought similar things about Twilight Princess.
I hated the Timed dungeon parts, but I realized that you get a pretty huge amount of time to complete it, and I was at the last big push before the end.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Seth
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »

Link to the Past is my favorite, probably because I was a little kid when I first played it and it really felt like I was discovering a world.

Minish Cap was good, but it felt like I was unlocking a world rather than discovering it.
zradick
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 09:44:40 PM »

So far my only complaints with Guardians of Paradise are the linear nature of the exploration and the limited combat system.  You have to do things in a given order to progress, and more than just needing a given item to get to a particular area.  Combat seems a bit too simple for my current tastes as well, there are not many tactical decisions to be made.  Zelda (the original) gave you a few options with your inventory items, which helped, though it is fairly limited as well.
Hmmm....
--Zack
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 12:25:24 AM »

I thought Phantom Hourglass was weaksauce. It felt totally un-epic due to the small islands, short storyline and easy gameplay. I've never properly played Windwaker but I doubt that I will enjoy it much because something about dividing the world into islands completely sucks out all the joy of exploration for me.

Well, except for the irritating controls and either easy or boring battles. Then again, Im only 5 hours in. But I've started and stopped playing twice because of the controls.

yeah, no.
its a close 2nd.
but that game was too big, and somewhat dishonest about its plot (and lenght).
when you have a 20 minute (UNSKIPABLE, MOTHERFUCKERS) cutscene explaining everything about this super evil 8-headed (was it 8?) dragon demon guy and how its super important that you find him and kill him again, well that kind of shit kind of makes me think this guy's my main goal. my last boss.

then you get there, kill him and PLOT TWIST! you'r eonly like 30% in.

i never played it again.

this amazing feeling of acomplishement, of closure, taken away by a shitty, overlong story.

great game tho, great game.
great but flawed.
in many ways.

Well, I thought that was the great thing about the game. When I first fought Orochi I was like "man, over so soon? What kinda Zelda clone is this?" so the ZOMG PLOT TWITS made me very happy. Just so you know, they do it to you again when you're about 60% through. It's not really very convincing the second time though.

But anything I say about Okami should be taken with a grain of salt, I am happy to admit to being a fanboy of the game.

Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 02:46:39 AM »

The Sega Master System had this:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/sega-master-system/golden-axe-warrior/screenshots
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »

Did they have The Master Axe in that?

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic