Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411667 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 08:42:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBrikWars!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BrikWars!  (Read 1411 times)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:37:03 AM »

I figured TIGSource would probably be interested in this.

This is probably the funnest tabletop game I've ever played. Granted, it's the only tabletop game I've ever played, but whatever. The basic gist is more or less the same as your average wargame, except that everything you play with and on is made from your own toys- preferably Legos. The rulebook is incredibly long and needlessly complex, but all you need to read are the rules for basic games at the very beginning. There are a couple rules for how your miniatures can move and attack (measured by inches instead of spaces since you don't necessarily play it on a grid), but after that it's all up to the players.

It's not something that is meant to be taken too seriously; after all, it's basically a slightly more organized version of all those times you and your best friend fought with your action figures. But that's the beauty of it.

In any case, if you've still got some toys or board game pieces, check it out. Your inner child will thank you.
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 11:42:47 AM »

Kinda reminds me of the old "Fuzzy Heroes" bed-top game. It was ze nize Smiley And remember, if you lose on your own bed, no more sleeping until you've won it back!

policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »

there was something like this for playmobils as well

playmobils suck though
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »

Bah, and I just donated most of my legos since I'm moving. Smiley I never thought about using Legos for miniatures in general, but it makes a lot of sense actually. I'll have to seriously think about that; I could have fun with it.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »

Hell, I played a game with a bunch of those Halo ActionClix and some Monopoly pieces (all shall bow to the Almighty Top Hat!). I even have this box of these really old wooden train track pieces, so my friend and I (same dude from the creativity debate) set up a track around the battlefield and blew up the cars. We guesstimated where the car would land (physics was never my strong suit, and it crushed a couple soldiers in its wake. We had so much caffeine that night. It was awesome.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic