Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 04:09:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioCalling all Musicians!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Calling all Musicians!  (Read 938 times)
lightbulbthief
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2012, 05:38:42 AM »

Hi there im currently working on a xbox live indie game due out in may called Sowing greener Fields which can be found at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SowingGreenerFields/265960563474789 , any advice as to how to go about this would be great but more importantly anyone that is interested please do get in touch, thanks!
MoritzPGKatz
Level 3

"Was he an animal, that music could move him so?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 06:27:00 AM »

Hello there,

How far along are you with this project? There's not much info on your Facebook page, or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Moritz

Arcadian Atlas now on Steam!
>120 minute jazz OST on my Bandcamp
Vinyl pre-orders available
Head of Music at German Wahnsinn Studios
Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:28:07 AM »

The title is intriguing. Do tell more, it'd difficult to get excited about a project which has so little available information. If not about the project then about yourself?
Do also specify the kind of compensation you are willing to offer.

Look forward to hearing more. Smiley

lightbulbthief
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:40:15 AM »

Thank you very much for the interest! Sowing Greener Fields is a co-op platformer game for xbox live indie marketplace, unfortunately there is currently no art assets or music to speak of so its hard to show anything, the programming is ongoing too.
The game is to be much like some other current popular platformers, such as super meat boy, about a flow of movement, however with less focus on punishing difficulty. I want the game to be co-op that is played between a "gamer" and someone who they know who may not be a traditional "gamer" but could be introduced to it. The story of the game is a farmer who is brought in to a village to aid its failing agriculture, it is a somewhat fantasy world but not your standard tolkien, much more grounded. One player as the farmer must move through the levels sowing seeds while the other aids their traversal.
It is important that this game is amusing and enjoyable to people who do not necessarily play a lot of games. And certainly music and art is crucial to this.
I am willing to organise a percentage of profits with anyone who would like to get involved and communication will be likely be very open and frequent. This is likely to be a reasonably small project music wise.
Thank you very much for the interest. If you decide you aren't interested could i ask what your advice would be for advertising the project to musicians in future?
GavinHarrisonSounds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:40 AM »

I'd be potentially interested in this regarding music?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic