Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411562 Posts in 69384 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: junkmail

May 03, 2024, 10:42:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[PC] I'm a Designer and I wanna help! (Yes, it's a game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PC] I'm a Designer and I wanna help! (Yes, it's a game)  (Read 579 times)
CutThroat Neko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:25:55 PM »

EDIT :

FUNNY TRAILER

It's an first person "exploration" game I made in five months when I though I should update my resume/CV (I'm a 10 years Level Designer XD)
Yeah, that's the twist. XD.

Well, that's not a huge game with a lot of stuff to do or with the most deepest gameplay you can find.
I've kept in mind that it's mainly targeted at videogames studio, but I also though it could be fun to share it with everyone.

A simple walk in my professional route.

I made it in 5 month, all graphics, animation, code and sound and it's running on the GameMaker Studio engine.
I wanted to give it a pixelart feeling even in using a 3D first person view.

Enjoy it. Feedback are welcomed.

The PC version works for Windows.
If you have trouble running it on Windows 8, try Windows 7 or XP in the compatibility options for the executable.
Sorry for Linux and Mac users. The Yoyogames business model wants me to buy the ubuntu export module to make a build for Linux. For Mac the export module is free but it's Apple which prevent me to distribute it if I don't sign for their Mac Dev Program. Thoses two prerequistes would cost me 99$ each so ... Well, that's just a résumé ...
However, Linux users can use Wine, it runs quite well with it (Not tested with Wine for Mac OS).

A word about bugs.
  • The must annoying. Try to NOT have/make the game to loose the focus (in short, doing an "Alt + Tab" in game is not a good idea), because it could make you puck : the camera will showw you the sky or the ground without stop twisting. No way to get it back to normal. Well, there's a way : clicking on the red cross at the top right corner of the game window XD Don't loose the focus (or relaunch the game)!
  • There's some micro "holes" in some meshes. Somewhere a vertex is not welded.
  • Some collisions can be a little bit unprecise, but nothing that really matter.

Download PC (Windows - zip)
I'm a Designer and I wanna help!
For Linux Users, there's a file in the zip for launching the game with Wine. It should works.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:50:33 AM by CutThroat Neko » Logged

Life is hard but uncooked rice is a lot more.<br />Never give up, trust your instinct
CutThroat Neko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 03:03:57 PM »

So, here's the "trailer" !
I've had lot of fun doing it.
Especially the voice-off ... Ahah.
See the first post.

Life is hard but uncooked rice is a lot more.<br />Never give up, trust your instinct
rundown
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:07:54 PM »

the link isn't working.

here is what it should be :p
looks great btw!

CutThroat Neko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »

Oh thanks ! It's corrected now !

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic